Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wideband reading lean until hot

Quote Originally Posted by doorev800 View Post
    If I were you I would tune the ve and the maf then enable dynamic factory mode. These ecu's when in blended mode use both ve and maf for idle and off idle to your dynamic setpoint of usually 4000rpm. From there it uses mostly filtered maf signal.

Tune the ve and maf. Enable dyanmic mode, make sure your injector data is right, and the trims should be happy after that.
    ok ill get the maf dialed in the best i can just hard when from a dead stop its lean up till 2000 rpm and then i add fuel then its rich down low while driving around i just keep fighting back and forth

I just focus on tuning the maf and ve individually and not worry about the driveability. I try to get good, clean logs of all the zones in the ve and maf. After, when my afr error is good, I re-enable dynamic and things usually are close and happy.
    thats what im doing the truck is in maf only right now with stft and ltft turned off with my wideband afr error just having trouble

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by codykeen0923 View Post
    ok ill get the maf dialed in the best i can just hard when from a dead stop its lean up till 2000 rpm and then i add fuel then its rich down low while driving around i just keep fighting back and forth
    If you are in maf only right now, tune idle and get that squared and happy. Then what I would do is get out on the hwy (i assume you dont have a dyno) and get your engine at 2000rpm and start logging there and do slow steps up in rpm with steady throttle. After when you are copy and pasting, hand smooth the maf curve that have no data. Keep it a nice curve.

Get the maf done as good as you can then go the VE (speed density) and do the same thing. Once that is done and you go back to factory dynamic mode it should run great. Just try and get good data log, that is half the battle.
    2010 /2SS/Long Tubes/ Magnaflow axle back/LSA Conversion/ 2 bar OS running / Stock Blower Pulley...for now

i understand but whats happening is when i take off the log starts out 10% to 15% lean up to 2000 rpm and as i drive its hitting the same cells and evening out whats causing those initial leaning all the way through the curve until i get to moving around

If you are in maf only right now, tune idle and get that squared and happy. Then what I would do is get out on the hwy (i assume you dont have a dyno) and get your engine at 2000rpm and start logging there and do slow steps up in rpm with steady throttle. After when you are copy and pasting, hand smooth the maf curve that have no data. Keep it a nice curve.

Get the maf done as good as you can then go the VE (speed density) and do the same thing. Once that is done and you go back to factory dynamic mode it should run great. Just try and get good data log, that is half the battle.
    and thanks for the info and trying to help this is a learning curve for sure

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by codykeen0923 View Post
    and thanks for the info and trying to help this is a learning curve for sure
    Always something to learn thats forsure!

I wouldn't worry about the lean maf under 2000rpm right now. Tune your maf from 2000 to wide open. Then tune the VE. When you enable dynamic i bet your lean transients will be gone.

Make sure injector data is right and remeber you have a primary and secondary VE table so make your changes to both.

Try that and see what happens
    2010 /2SS/Long Tubes/ Magnaflow axle back/LSA Conversion/ 2 bar OS running / Stock Blower Pulley...for now