Thread: L76 pids and doing a maf error histogram

Tuner in Training

L76 pids and doing a maf error histogram

I am trying to do a maf error histogram for the L76 , problem is the only commanded fueling is in EQ ratio and the scanned wideband is in AFR. So far I have been exporting all the data to excell but it is slow and time consuming when I know it can be done properly in the scanner.

Any ideas on how to edit either the commanded fueling or the wideband PLX so they both are in the same units.

I also cant find any pid to log gram/cyl so I can see where I am in the spark table.

I also have all the torque managment settings maxed out but am still getting up to 12 deg of torque managment spark retard and cant sem to turn it off.

BTW this is on a L76 auto with a 232/234 cam , I cant go speed density as we dont seem to have enough pids to do that yet and my MAF seems to be way out

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    please post your hpt editor file as well as a scan log...what motor is the L76? If its a supported vehicle you should be able to get the commanded afr in actual afr rather then eq ratio, BUT even if you cant REMEMBER eq ratio can be calulated into afr...just make a custom PID of 14.7 divided by eq ratio & bang you've got your commanded afr ratio

in any event just post your files so I can see whats up if you don't mind.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    please post your hpt editor file as well as a scan log...what motor is the L76? If its a supported vehicle you should be able to get the commanded afr in actual afr rather then eq ratio, BUT even if you cant REMEMBER eq ratio can be calulated into afr...just make a custom PID of 14.7 divided by eq ratio & bang you've got your commanded afr ratio

in any event just post your files so I can see whats up if you don't mind.

Thanks , I coulnt work out how to creat a custom pid and modify the AFR error pid

Yes it is a currently supported engine here in Aust

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    not your config file, your hpt file that you read off the computer. What type of vehicle is this?

14.7 divided by eq ratio...thats the calculation for the custom PID http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/c...stom%20PID.swf

Tuner in Training
    Here is a early starting point I used , have since set all torque management to 8192 to try and stop it retarding timing on tip in.

VZ Holden

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    that be the one, give me a few mintues to check out a few things.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    can you scan afr commanded low res as shown in this screenshot?

also i included a screenshot of the custom PID you'd need to make commanded afr out of your eq ratio.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    all good my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by firebird
    I am trying to do a maf error histogram for the L76 , problem is the only commanded fueling is in EQ ratio and the scanned wideband is in AFR. So far I have been exporting all the data to excell but it is slow and time consuming when I know it can be done properly in the scanner.

Any ideas on how to edit either the commanded fueling or the wideband PLX so they both are in the same units.

I also cant find any pid to log gram/cyl so I can see where I am in the spark table.

I also have all the torque managment settings maxed out but am still getting up to 12 deg of torque managment spark retard and cant sem to turn it off.

BTW this is on a L76 auto with a 232/234 cam , I cant go speed density as we dont seem to have enough pids to do that yet and my MAF seems to be way out
    I also had to set up a custom config file to get the scanner to work, as these pcms don't have a commanded afr pid and the commanded eq ratio pid is inverted. Use this config file and just insert your brand of wideband in place of the FJO Racing wideband that I use.

This is the config file I set up for a 2007 Cadillac Escalade. But you can't save the Maf error histogram, it will just disappear. So you need to copy the Maf error histogram before saving the log file. And I had to set the PE EQ to 1.148 to get a 13.0 AFR.

Russ Kemp

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    oh wow thats odd, thanks for the heads up russ.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys , I will give that a try when I get home this arvo

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    oh wow thats odd, thanks for the heads up russ.
    This was very difficult to sort out. Chris told me that they are working on the new enhanced pids for these PCMS. There is also an issue about the cyl air being a bit off, and there is more spark timing commanded that what is in the editor. I even zeroed out the AFR spark table. But I noticed that the Holdens don't use the AFR spark table.

Russ Kemp

I've had a similar issue tuning my L98. I made a custom PID for commanded AFR and then got % Error working, but when the file was saved and then re-opened the % error data would disappear. I wrote a custom PID for % error and that is working OK. The beta version 2.1.15 has afr commanded low res and high res PID's.

Tuner in Training
    I followed the link that soundengieer posted , created a custom pid but got the formula wrong , how do I go in and edit the function or erase the pid ? , currently if i select it I get that area greyed out.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by carneb
    I've had a similar issue tuning my L98. I made a custom PID for commanded AFR and then got % Error working, but when the file was saved and then re-opened the % error data would disappear. I wrote a custom PID for % error and that is working OK. The beta version 2.1.15 has afr commanded low res and high res PID's.
    Where can we get a copy of that , sounds like it would resolve the issues.

I only have 2.1.14 and it has nearly nothing in the way of usable pids.