Thread: Speed Density AFR Error Histogram

Tuner in Training

Speed Density AFR Error Histogram

So I purchased the Tuning School book and got my Part throttle fueling in line using their method. My WOT fueling seems OK but i would like to dial that in as well. My histogram for PT VE tables seems to be fine, when I set up the WOT VE histogram, it basically just copies the PT histogram, Im not really seeing any errors at WOT. The rest of the table seems to match the PT VE histo. Maybe I've set the histogram up wrong? Ive posted the log file as well as screen shots of the histograms. My WB sensor is reading 11.5ish at WOT around 3500rpm and would like to correct that and bring my AFR up to 12.5. But being the WOT histogram is showing 0 for error ratios, I am at a loss. SD VE PT.PNGSD VE WOT.PNGwb_log_2.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Can anyone help me with setting up AFR error histogram in my NGC4? I followed the tuning books way of doing it. They have the parameter in the histo set as EQ Ratio Error. Personally I would like to log AFR error. Not Lambda. Ive been dialing in WOT using the AFR im reading from the sensor at the given load and RPM which has shown improvements but this process seems less accurate and more time consuming. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here you go. This formula also includes compensation for any fuel trims that may be "locked in" when in open loop. That way you can see the actual error that needs to be tuned out without chasing your tail with the trims mucking things up. As your VE tables get closer to correct, there should be less instances of fuel trims locking in.

Note that the fuel trims are for Bank 1 - switch to the other bank depending on where your WB O2 is.

2021-04-06 WOT WB EQ Ratio Error.MathParameter.MathParameter.xml
    Last edited by rockystock; 04-06-2021 at 10:52 PM.