Thread: Whipple 2.9 l83 cruise control issue....

Potential Tuner

Whipple 2.9 l83 cruise control issue....

Long time reader, personal tuner. truck is tuned by me, this issue has been going on since I had the "stock" Whipple tune on it. I'll list mods just for reference.
    16 gmc l83 crew cab, whipple 2.9, TSP longtubes, hf cats, snow performance methanol kit spraying 50/50. Daily on the 3.875 (12psi)pulley, been as low as 3.375.(16psi)
    Here's my issue, cruise control set if I come up on a hill and the truck starts to get into boost even say 5 psi it will surpass my set MPH by sometimes 15 mph, depending on how steep the hill is, as soon as the truck levels out it'll let out. I've tried adjusting the power enrichment tables but it actually seemed to make it worse, now it'll downshift and make even more boost. I drive 140 miles a day for work @75 mph, so you can see why its quite annoying. I can post my tune if need be.

Tuner
    How well tuned is you VVE table? I am guessing the stock Whipple VVE is pretty rough. Post the tune and I can take a look.
    I had this happen on my truck too, with my turbo setup. It got a lot better with a more accurate VVE.
    2014 Silverado L83 | Knockoff S369 Turbo | LT1 Fuel Pump and Injectors | MAST L84 Port Intake | MS3Pro Secondary Fuel Computer

Potential Tuner
    I just installed my whipple on my 2016 Silverado. 5.3/6spd, Long Tubes, No Cats, Stock Muffler, Cold Air Box W/Large Filter, E85 Sensor, Circle D 245mm Billet, 3.73 Gears, 305/55/20 Radials. I?ve done the tuning myself and feel I?m very conservative. Don?t have any experience with the Gen V stuff other than my truck. Would you mind taking a look and seeing how bad I?ve hacked mine up? Thanks in advance.

Post up tune and log of things and I am sure we can help.

Do you have a wideband?
    2017 Crew Short 4x4 - 575hp/581trq at the tire
    2017 C7 GS 3LT - All stock for now, waiting impatiently for shop time to install parts

Potential Tuner
    Ordering wide band today. I will get a log and a copy of tune posted. Thanks.