Thread: 2008 Silverado c0245 After speedo calibration

Tuner in Training

2008 Silverado c0245 After speedo calibration

Changed the trans tune and speedo calibration for a 2008 silverado with 305/55r20 tires. After doing the calibration within a few minutes of driving the abs and brake lights on come with a code of c0245. Ive read that the trans VSS needs to be put back to stock after doing the calibration and ive tried that still with no luck. Can anyone take a look and see if there is something im missing or messing up causing this annoying issue? Before the tire change and speedo calibration there was no issue with the abs system. Truck is a 2008 silverado 4x2 4.8L 4l60E
    Attached Files Attached Files

Undo what you did and click the edit tab. Go to the gear tire wizard and put 33in tires in the box and 3.73 in the gear ratio, then make sure the transmission auto scale is checked and commit the changes. See if that changes things.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Undo what you did and click the edit tab. Go to the gear tire wizard and put 33in tires in the box and 3.73 in the gear ratio, then make sure the transmission auto scale is checked and commit the changes. See if that changes things.
    Thats what I had originally did. When that code started popping up I found a few posts saying to change the vss back to stock but leave the rest of what the gear and tire wizard change. Forgot to mention in the original post that the truck has 3.23s in the rear end

With 33in and 3.23 in the gear tire wizard it freaks out the ABS?

I've only had it where someone running 35's or larger would cause it to freak out the ABS system. We'd change the tire size to something that wouldn't cause an issue and just dealt with the speedo being off slightly.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yup, not sure why.

This is what the speedo calibration looked like stock.
    Stock.png

This is what it looked like with the gear and tire wizard.
    Geartirewiz.png

This is what it looked like when i changed certain things back to stock like I had read would help it.
    Cal.png