Thread: Using Flex Fuel input reference signal for AFR for dry nitrous or tunes.

Tuner in Training

Using Flex Fuel input reference signal for AFR for dry nitrous or tunes.

I know the PCM reads from 0-5 volts reference voltage for flex fuel input, but does it react fast enough to send a reference voltage for say dry nitrous, or any other system, or reason to change mixtures from lean to rich? I like it because the range of mixtures is so wide spread its almost like tuning for some humidity?

Just curious. I have lots of problems with OEM with the mixtures showing Alcohol Content 15-18% and have to do resets, because it does richen them up to the corresponding composition, though they may have never had E85 in them. Here the typical content is 7% non E-85.

Senior Tuner
    I've done it before for dry nitrous setups. It works good.. Been years ago now but one stage put the E85 content at 50 and the second stage at 75 or something like that. You get timing retard and fueling changes. I used an Arduino to do it
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    ethanol flex is 12v input and puts out a hz frequency its not a 5v referenced output

Tuner in Training

Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    ethanol flex is 12v input and puts out a hz frequency its not a 5v referenced output
    I found out some more on the CTSV forum. My thinking was correct, but references were wrong. Fuel composition is detected by Frequencies and you use a non LED frequency generator to generate the input to PCM. It looks easy. Thanks Guys!