Thread: possible false knock?

Potential Tuner

possible false knock?

i just converted my truck to a 3 bar map os, i pulled 5 degrees out of both tables and i noticed today i am getting from 2-8 degrees of knock. currently tuning the ve table. i am new to this tuning stuff and i have just been reading a bunch on this forum and and learning from there. truck is a 5.3 60e with an ss2 cam, long tubes and converter. i am na right now but going to be doing the turbo this weekend and just want to have it decently tuned before then. truck runs great right now just wondering about the knock. and if anyone has any pointers please feel free to let me know!!! thanks in advanced! and i know the 60 wont last at all i am just going to run it till it doesnt run no more then go th400.
    Attached Files Attached Files

See if you have a pending or current knock sensor code, that can cause the knock retard to max out at 8 degrees.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    ok i will check that tomorrow. thanks!

Potential Tuner
    no knock sensor codes, just maf since im tuning ve right now. any ideas? running fresh 93, i figure with that low of timing running about 12.5 afr i shouldnt see any knock at all. when i tuned the maf a while back i never had knock with the same afr and timing.