Thread: Problem with obd tests not complete

Tuner in Training

Problem with obd tests not complete

I have not flashed the computer in my 2002 cavalier in about 5 days. I need to get an inspection sticker and the O2 sensor test is reading incomplete. I cannot get a sticker until this reads ready. I have put about 150 miles on the car since the last flash of the computer. Is there a reason why this is not reading ready? Is there anything I can do to fix this through HPTuners?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Is there a reason why this is not reading ready?
    more then likely its not ready because its not ready.

Is there anything I can do to fix this through HPTuners?
    yes, figure out what is not completing, find out why, & alter the codes properly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    The test is the Oxygen sensor moniter. What do you mean alter the codes? How long should it take before that test reads ready?

Do you have the secondary O2 sensor disabled (B1S2)? If so that may be the reason you are getting an incomplete.
    Also the test has to run from a cold start. Most likely you have had at least one cold start.
    http://lyberty.com/car/drive-cycle.html
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    I dont think that sensor is disabled. How do I check that? I do know that HPTuners doesnt read it but if i plug in my Actron OBD2 scanner I get a reading on that. The only thig that was off is p0130- HO2S Circuit Closed Loop (CL) Performance Bank 1. I switched back on and all of the DTCs are the same as the factory tune.

The link in my post above shows you how to do a GM drive cycle that should complete all the tests unless you have a dead o2 sensor.

Tuner in Training
    went out and did a drive cycle according to he link above. Now I am just waiting for the catalyst monitor to read ready. I know this may take a fe drive cycles to complete. My main concern of the o2 moniter is now reading ready. Thank You for the info.

No prob...