Thread: Help with P0106 & P0121 ?

Tuner in Training

Help with P0106 & P0121 ?

I from time to time trip a SES/MIL light and it's always for the same 2 codes.

P0106 - MAP range/performance
    P0121 - TPS "A" circuit range/performance

I feel certain that they are related to the boost pressure in the intake as opposed to being in vacuum all of the time but wondered if anyone could verify that and tell me the fix. I know I can go in and kill those codes but I don't want to go turning things off for no reason.

It only seems to trip the light on long drives at highway speeds and if the light comes on it always shows both codes.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
    2011 Silverado ECSB 4x4 5.3, 6L80, Magnaflow cat-back, Airaid CAI.

Gone but not forgotten. '02 Avalanche 5.3, Vortech supercharged, 3.12 pulley, 10 psi boost, SMC meth injection, 212/218 .558/.563 115LSA cam, shorty headers, off-road Y-pipe, 3" elec. cutout.

P0106 MAP Range/Peformance sounds like the major offender here. Look over the table and make adjustments as necessary for your combination.

P0121 Wonder if you have a TPS sensor problem in this case?

Q: Is your throttle cable or drive-by-wire?
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    I have a throttle cable.

I'm a noob at this but I still should have looked more before making this post. After I read you reply I started digging around and found the "P0106 MAP calculated max" in editor. I'm guessing that with the supercharger I'm exceeding some of those values at low throttle. Sound like the problem to you? Any tips on what I should set them at? I'm thinking increase all of them that are less the 105kps by a percentage, maybe 30% just making sure that none of them go over 105kpa?

The 2 codes almost have to be cause by one problem. It never sets one without the other.
    2011 Silverado ECSB 4x4 5.3, 6L80, Magnaflow cat-back, Airaid CAI.

Gone but not forgotten. '02 Avalanche 5.3, Vortech supercharged, 3.12 pulley, 10 psi boost, SMC meth injection, 212/218 .558/.563 115LSA cam, shorty headers, off-road Y-pipe, 3" elec. cutout.

Yep. I would move them like you mentioned to start out with. If you can prevent the P0106, then you can log the map range and see if you can customize the table to fit your vehicles characteristics.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!