Thread: Help! Stuck with replacement LQ9 for 2005 Escalade EXT

Tuner in Training

Help! Stuck with replacement LQ9 for 2005 Escalade EXT

I recently replaced the LQ9 in my 05 Escalade after the first one threw a rod on my way from picking it up used. I got another motor from LQK but now it won't start. It seems like a fuel cutoff switch has been tripped. Any ideas?

is It the same ecu? Do you know it?s getting fuel and spark? No engine codes? Is it cranking but not starting? If it?s a tuned ECU, put stock tune back on it and try it. Can you connect the scanner tool to it and read engine parameters?
    Last edited by RySmDPT14; 08-09-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Looks like its getting no fuel. I ran a scan in HPTuners and the LT and ST fuel values are basically at zero the whole time. Basically, the story with this truck is that I bought it in Colorado, which I didn't know had no lemon laws. It threw a rod on the way home. I had a shop outside of Las Vegas NM order a new one, but the one that showed up from LKQ had a bad cylinder pressure, so they sent yet another one. I'm simply trying to replace stock OEM to stock OEM. I changed the VIN in HPTuners to match the chassis, but is there anything else I have to do in order to get it to jive? Here's the recording of attempting to start it:2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT.hpt

Why the heck would you change anything just because you went with a different motor???

Stop that and put it back to stock. It would have ran if you did nothing and just swapped in the other motor. The computer doesn't give a crap if you put a different 6.0 engine in it, it's not like it even knows.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.