Thread: Sandard or professional?

Potential Tuner

Sandard or professional?

Sorry if this has been posted befor but Im on a cellphone and it costs me alot to spend hours searching.

I am looking at geting HPT for my 2006 Cobalt SS S/C and I dont know what the differance is other then the 150.00 bucks when you buy it.

Could some one help me out please. Im trying to determin if I need the upgrade or not.

Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2924

basically pro offers everything the standard does, but also adds up to 1hr 30mins of standalone datalogging(no laptop needed) as well as 4 analog inputs and 2 outputs for things like wideband o2 sensors & nitrous activation.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks.

Can I upgrade to Pro later if I dont get it now?

I dont think I need it at this time.

Also can I tune on the fly? Like while Im going down the road?

Thanks agen. Im new to HPT and have been geting conflicting info on some other sites.
    Later

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    currently there is no real time tuning offered other then bi-directional controls on cobalts...possibly in the future though.

Its wise to purchase the pro version now for the added $150, because to upgrade later you'll need to return the standard unit(~$10 shipping) and pay the upgrade cost($289+shipping) so your talking about $150 now or $300 later.

Potential Tuner
    Ok thanks.

Im not realy sure Ill ever use the pro parts though. Im not going to run N2o on the car.

I would like to run a wide band but I dont know alot about runing one with HPtuners.
    The only way I have ever seen it done was with a wide band controler. Dose Pro alow me to run a wide band without the controler?

Sorry for all the questions but Im vary new to this.
    I have tuned befor but it was a plug and play type system. Nothing any where near this complicated.

Thanks agen for the help.

Is there any thing I might want tothink about doing later that pro will help me with?

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    with the pro version you'll be able to run your widebands info right through the hptuners scanner, right along side rpm, mph, knock retard, etc. making tuning and diagnoising problems easier. Not to mention the stand alone datalogging that can log over an hour of data without the need for a laptop. This is great if your at the track so you dont have a laptop flying around in your vehicle, not to mention if you just dont like to lug a laptop around with you while logging or if you laptop has limited battery life.

The only way I have ever seen it done was with a wide band controler. Dose Pro alow me to run a wide band without the controler?

You still need to use the controller/module for the wideband with the Pro version.

Russ Kemp

Ive heard of people running thier WB02 thru thier old EGR plug...I guess thats the only way you can go about logging the WB thru HPT without the pro ver.

Potential Tuner
    Ok thanks every one.
    Im going to save a bit longer and get the pro verson then.

Ill have more questions later. LOL Alot more.

Thanks

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    with the pro version you'll be able to run your widebands info right through the hptuners scanner, right along side rpm, mph, knock retard, etc. making tuning and diagnoising problems easier. Not to mention the stand alone datalogging that can log over an hour of data without the need for a laptop. This is great if your at the track so you dont have a laptop flying around in your vehicle, not to mention if you just dont like to lug a laptop around with you while logging or if you laptop has limited battery life.
    I wish somebody had told me this before I ordered mine, now I want to upgrade, BAD.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I always recommend the pro to anyone that asks...theres no doubt its worth the few extra dollars.

The inputs can be used for other things as well. I use to use it to log fuel pressure when I was upgrading my fuel system and to see how the Nitrous wet system effected fuel pressure. The outputs can be used to run a shift light, give visual signals for events (knock, low fuel pressure), or even run a window switch. Your imagination is the only limit.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock