Thread: Datalog of 99 h/c/i corvette HELP PLEASE

Tuner in Training

Datalog of 99 h/c/i corvette HELP PLEASE

Can someone look at this and tell me what they think please.
    details are 99 c5 6 speed:
    PRC Stage 2.5 ls6 heads mil .020
    ported fast 92
    slightly ported LS2 TB
    descreend Z06 MAF (which I think I need a new one)
    Vararam intake and power duct
    Bosch 42lbs injectors
    dynatech supermaxx LT headers (gutted cats)
    B&B bullets
    TSP Torquer V2 112
    car has been tuned by a shop. I am having an issue that when I go WOT my PLX DM-6 goes rich and then all of a sudden it shows the car going lean when I am still WOT. At one point my Mac tools scanner showed that the MAF readings were low so I cleaned the MAF and I believe I did what I should have not done I used a MAF cleaner and used a q-tip to help clean it. I was very careful but I think I was dumb and messed it up. This is part of the reason I bought the MPVI2 so that I could get a better datalog and see what is going on as well with it but in much greater detail than with my Mac scanner. I hope that I got the right files loaded up if not please can someone help me with getting the correct ones loaded up. I also just replaced the PCV valve as well. By the way this is my first post on here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't open the layout but if you aren't logging this stuff add it in there. Add commanded AFR or lambda, your wideband o2 sensor. Injector pulse width avg, cylinder airmass, knock retard.

Removing the screen on the MAF isn't something I'd do. You want laminar flow across the sensor so that it's as smooth as possible. Turbulent air can skew the MAF readings.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Im not logging any of that and for now i just have the standard mpvi2. So i cant hook up the wideband yet. I will get it eventually probably sooner than i think lol. But yea i dont know why the layout wouldnt post. I clicked on it as well and it wouldnt show it.

You can wire the wideband into the computer EGR 5v circuit on the computer. It's a very common thing to do, several write ups and youtube video's on it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ok cool thank you. I will tackle that as well and figure out how to get the layouts figured out and working and then I will back to you.

Tuner in Training
    corvetteenhancedchannels.Channels.xmlcorvettelayout.cfg.Layout.xml19-02-28 10-04-46.hplbryansvette 1.hptso I wired my wideband to the a/c switch and I believe that I might be running out of fuel pump, I think that because to my knowledge it is around 20 years old. I haven't adjusted the wideband after this datalog but I think it is the fuel pump. I have even replaced my MAF sensor cause the other one was not working properly. hopefully I post everything correctly and it works right lol

Tuner in Training
    Well the issue is not my fuel pump. I installed a fuel pressure gauge in my car and key on engine off it is at 54 psi key on engine on it is at 61 psi at idle and while cruising. When I go WOT it dips down to 58 Psi and no farther. So I am waiting to hear back from plx devices on some info about the o2 sensor that came with the dm-6. only other thing i can think it is at this point is the tune. tune was done before i put 3.90s in the rear, so maybe that is an issue. I am not really sure because some ppl say u need to retune after a rear gear change and some say no. I could understand why if I need to have it retuned again though.

Tuner in Training
    Your narrowband O2 sensors aren't showing the car going lean at WOT...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Tuner View Post
    Your narrowband O2 sensors aren't showing the car going lean at WOT...
    Yea I saw that. Here is an update I contacted PLX Devices they had me troubleshoot everything and they stated that everything is working as it is suppose to. I tried blowing into the wideband o2 like they told me to before and it did not go from air to lean and then lean to air once i stopped blowing on it. It just stayed at Air, so I replaced the sensor and now everything is working as it is suppose to. I am gonna pull the Driver side header i believe and have a bung welded in the best location to make sure everything is as accurate as possible. it is after the hollowed out cat on driver side and at wot it is around 10ish to around 11.x:1. the tuner said they shoot for around 12-13.0:1 if I remember correctly. I believe I am gonna change out the B&B Bullets for the Fusion and then have it looked at.

Narrowbands are not active at wot
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    True if I remember correctly at wot it goes based off the PE table right? so whatever is commanded in that is what it shoots for at wot? I am still reading and getting used to all the stuff in there. It was easier for me to use my old Hondata Flashpro on my 07 Honda Civic Si that had a CT-E stage 2 supercharger on it. Hp tuners seems way more complex which isnt a bad thing I just need more time to play with it which back when I had the Si I didnt have 3 kids a wife and 3 dogs and a cat lol.