Thread: Surging Idle With Decapped Injectors

Surging Idle With Decapped Injectors

I recently decapped my 2002 5.3 Tahoe flex fuel injectors. These injectors have been tested to flow about the same amount as deka 80s. I found a tune in the repository with deka 80s and copied the injector settings. Could the short pulse width be messing with my idle? The car seems to run fine during cruising. I noticed the idle dips right when I let off the brake to start moving. It sounds like its about to stall.

Setup:

Decapped 25326903 injectors
    Walbro 400
    228/230 Cam
    E60 Fuel
    3 Bar Map Sensor
    4L80E

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    you dont want to use deka 80 data. The fuel injector itself electrically is the same from stock, the only differance is the new flow rate since they are decapped.

Use stock flex fuel data, only change the flow rate vs kpa.

Also, if you are using a return style rail, you flow rate will be flat (the same accross the table) since the vacuum regulator keeps the pressure the same in relation to manifold vacuum.

If you have a non return style rail and using a vette filter\reg, then you flow rate vs. kpa table will need to be scaled.

Yup, that fixed it. Thanks

Potential Tuner
    i just read a post from you and was wondering how you made out with the decapped denso injectors? i have the same setup 2 bar 7875 decapped denso injectors 228/230 cam walbro 450 with return fuel line, but im having problems getting it running.did you scale the injectors or just keep the flow rate vs kpa the same?if you could help me out a bit id really appreciate it. thanks

Advanced Tuner
    If you have a return style fuel system with a boost reference reg the the IFR table should be one number accross the whole table. If you have a dead head fuel system with no return and constant fuel pressure then it should slope. Easier way to do that is select the entire factory IFR table values and multiply them repeatedly by 1.02 until the number in the 0 KPa manifold vacuum cell is your flow rate

Potential Tuner
    thanks i got it going thanks a lot