Thread: LS2 E40 2 bar cutting fuel when entering boost

Tuner in Training

LS2 E40 2 bar cutting fuel when entering boost

I just completed putting a turbo, flex fuel sensor, 2 bar os, 2 bar map, and 80lb injectors in my 2006 TBSS. Drives fine at low throttle but as soon as I hit a little bit of boost (100-105 kpa), g/cyl drops to zero as well as injector pulse when it cuts out. I've gone through the faq and a couple of 2 bar guides but I don't see anything I haven't addressed already. I do have the boost VE table populated, TM turned off, etc. Stoich is doubled and IFR is halved, but I haven't otherwise scaled anything. Any ideas what I am missing?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Look at your primary VE and then look at your boost VE.

Do you see the massive difference in values?

This is not a GEN 3 computer, GEN 4 computer use numbers in the thousands and not from zero to say 300. If you want to continue the trend from the primary table, start it at 2500 and go up to maybe 3500. But be very careful here, getting into boost needs to be watched very close so you can ensure fueling is okay. Then really clean up the primary VE because that looks terrible and transition into boost using a AFR or lambda error with a wideband.

Remove the 1 bar MAP channel from your logs, only log the 2 bar channel otherwise the data can be wrong.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 10-31-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Look at your primary VE and then look at your boost VE.

Do you see the massive difference in values?

This is not a GEN 3 computer, GEN 4 computer use numbers in the thousands and not from zero to say 300. If you want to continue the trend from the primary table, start it at 2500 and go up to maybe 3500. But be very careful here, getting into boost needs to be watched very close so you can ensure fueling is okay. Then really clean up the primary VE because that looks terrible and transition into boost using a AFR or lambda error with a wideband.

Remove the 1 bar MAP channel from your logs, only log the 2 bar channel otherwise the data can be wrong.
    My understanding is the factory MAP channel reads 2 bar no problem in the logs with the E40. When I originally had the 2 bar channel enabled it wasn't reading anything. I've seen the tunes with the higher VE numbers, but this one always was in the two digit range(xx.x), even before I did any of this. My primary VE table has values ranging from 0-30 and my boost table VE table goes as high as about 50. From your comment about the massive difference, I'd swear we are looking at two different things?

To get the boost VE table I copied over the 105 kpa column from the primary ve table to the boost ve table to start. Then pasted that same column in the 199 kpa column, multiplied by 1.5 and interpolated. I know the VE is super ugly right now and will get cleaned up as soon as I figure out the fuel cut. I appreciate the help and any more feedback you have.

Nevermind of the MAP channel, this is a E40.

I'm not sure what you are seeing compared to what I am seeing on the MAIN VE table. Your data in there is between 1,000-2,500 and not in the double digits like 30-150.

I'm looking at the ECM table #12350 and the boost VE is #12372 which has totally different data than the primary VE. Your boost VE table goes to 255 kpa and not 199kpa.

You must have your units wrong, you need to have the units in %. So right click the table and units > percent.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Nevermind of the MAP channel, this is a E40.

I'm not sure what you are seeing compared to what I am seeing on the MAIN VE table. Your data in there is between 1,000-2,500 and not in the double digits like 30-150.

I'm looking at the ECM table #12350 and the boost VE is #12372 which has totally different data than the primary VE. Your boost VE table goes to 255 kpa and not 199kpa.

You must have your units wrong, you need to have the units in %. So right click the table and units > percent.
    Interesting. I can change the units in the primary table, but not the boost table which I'm guessing is locked in %. I'll bet that's it. I didn't consider the two tables could be in different units. Will try the fix shortly. Thanks!
    1975 Vega ls/turbo, 2006 TBSS turbo daily driver

Tuner in Training
    That did the trick. Thanks again!
    1975 Vega ls/turbo, 2006 TBSS turbo daily driver