Thread: 0.01g/cyl and injectors PW constant 1.1ms - E38 LS3 swap

Advanced Tuner

0.01g/cyl and injectors PW constant 1.1ms - E38 LS3 swap

I'm working on a LS3/6l80/E38 swapped C10. It has a LSA blower, BTR stg 2 pds cam, & the short 80# dekas. No FPCM, just a fixed pump with referenced regulator, typical swap setup. I'm using the Banish cobrajet 80# data to start with. The truck is to be SD tuned, no MAF. I finally got it to fire up after figuring out they had the wrong throttle pedal in it. Now, it will start and maintain an idle a little while, fairly stable, and will sometimes just die for no obvious reason. I can rev it up and make it to 1600/2000rpm and i notice the injector pulsewidth never changes from 1.1ms. The engine cuts out like hitting some kind of torque managment and won't rev any higher, it just returns to idle or stalls out. I lowered the min pulse to .8 and now it stays stuck at .8ms without changing and the truck doesn't like to run now. The cylinder airmass is .76g/cyl KOEO then drops to 0.01g/cyl when running and does not change when i rev it up, so the truck is just running off the top row of the main spark table. What would cause this? I have the P0068 table set to max for now just so it's not hitting a MAP ceiling and cutting out. MAF DTCs are all set to mil on first and are set. MAF table is still populated. I maxed to torque management tables for P/N and 1st gear just to see if that made any difference, it didn't. I'm not logging any MAF or Mass Airflow PIDs in the scanner, just dynamic cyl air. Fuel cut type shows "none." I think it's dying because the injector pulse is constant and it drains the fuel rails when i try to increase rpm. I can't see the fuel pressure gauge without someone else helping me, so i can't see when it's doing during all this.

What could cause the 0g/cyl and constant injector pulsewidth? i know i need to post a tune, i'm just apprehensive about the banish data. i can post a log this evening but i'm at work right now. I can't figure this out, maybe i need to go back and check the injector data to see if anything got entered wrong somehow. It is also throwing some TPS and TAC related DTCs. I figured they were related to the wrong throttle pedal but i have a corvette pedal in it now to work with and the codes are still present. I've checked all the wires from the PCM to the throttle body and all test good. I wonder in the back of my mind if there isn't an issue with PCM itself or the throttle body possibly. As far as i can tell, the original pedal that was in it is intended for a 15-17 truck/suv. Could having that incorrect pedal installed damage the PCM?

Advanced Tuner
    post log and file

Advanced Tuner
    Will do when I get home from work this evening

Advanced Tuner
    Here's the current tune and a log of me attempting to start it several times. It ran for a bit last night, but won't now. It's not setting the MAF DTCs for some reason. There's a P1101 (permanent), would that be a problem? I haven't encountered that code before. Also has a P0030, P0050, P0122 (permanent), P0223 (permanent) , P0330, and P0650. I suspent the 122 and 223 is from having the wrong throttle pedal/APP previously and it just hasn't ran long enough to clear them on its own.
    Last edited by 2000_SS; 07-12-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    ummmmmmmmmmm your VE table values need to multiplied by about 20.

you have LS1 numbers in there. E38 use numbers in high hundreds as low values well into the thousands.

try VE table from attached.

516rwhp_edit.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Wow.... I was hoping it would be something that stupid and simple. When I downloaded the calibration that was in the truck when it got dropped off all of the ve tables were full of zeros. I just populated them like I was doing any other PCM. I live in a small area and I don't see many E38 cars. Thank you very much. I will try fixing that as soon as I get back to my shop.

Advanced Tuner
    That definitely solved it. I can't believe i did that....it's been a long week. Thanks again.

Advanced Tuner
    Just gotta start tuning now...fuel trims are wild
    Attached Files Attached Files