Thread: Flash: Write Entire question.

Flash: Write Entire question.

I have a Chevy Corvette (V8) 2003 year/model licence.

A fellow I met has a 2003 C5 M6 convertible, as do I. He's replaced the heads/cam with Z06 parts.

He's asked me if I can Flash: Write Entire his PCM with a stock Z06 binary, and then tune from there using my wideband. I'm doing this for beer and pizza, and I don't want to damage his car.

I can correct his VIN, but the Z06 BCC and VCM ID are different from his stock values, as is the VCM OS ID, of course. Are there any downsides to doing this? Loss of communication with the BCM, loss of VATS, etc.?

A related question: Are the fuel and timing algorithms different for each OS, or is it just the table data that changes?

I was going to send this to Chris directly, but I thought the answer might be useful for future reference if posted here.
    Last edited by Billf6531; 09-04-2006 at 03:12 PM.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Tuner
    Why would you want to do a complete rewrite when only the heads/cam have been changed?

If you want to change a couple main tables to get you started in the right direction, use the compare feature and change over the Primary VE and the spark tables.
    2016 Camaro SS

if you are going to tune it and want to start out with the LS6 tables, just copy them over and go from there, its all going to have to get chagned anyway so its really worthless
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Actually, as long as both cars are manuals you could just do a standard write of an 02-03 Z06 (01 has a different cam) to his PCM.
    Always Support Our Troops!