Thread: Rev limiter problem (cutoff does not work)

Potential Tuner

Solved: Rev limiter problem (cutoff does not work)

Hi,

I have the following problem. The car has been tuned years ago before I bought it, but the rev limiter seems to never kick in. I free revved it and realized there was no limiter (tachometer reached slightly over 7000rpm). But when I read the ECU, VCM Editor shows extreme cutoff at 6300rpm, and cutoff RPM vs Gear 6200rpm for all gears, including neutral (see the attached hpt file). I also tried setting extreme cutoff and resume below 2000rpm, but still no limiter, still revvs happily +6000RPM. I also tried disabling and enabling control method (spark/fuel/etc) and set lower cutoffs for each gear, but it does not seem to make any difference. No limiter no matter what I do.

Any ideas?

_MY_VE_SS_UNMODIFIED.hpt
    Last edited by Jakuza; 06-02-2018 at 09:25 PM.

please post more detailed info on setup tear make model etc if it matters or the ECM/PCMsetup engine config boosted or na sorry not being ignorant but we all really need to help each other etc:

Potential Tuner
    It is Commodore VE SS 2010, L98 engine. Naturally aspirated. The engine is pretty much stock except ECU has been remapped a few years back.

Advanced Tuner
    I wouldn't trust the factory tacho. Does it show the same thing in logs?

Potential Tuner
    Ok, found the problem. Cmd Torque Delta and Commanded Torque were maxed out to 8192Nm. This disabled the limiter no matter what the other values were.