Thread: Code P1D8C After Procharger Installation 2016 Grand Cherokee

Code P1D8C After Procharger Installation 2016 Grand Cherokee

Anyone have this code pop up before, P1D8C. Alldata tells me its P1D8C-00-PARK PAWL SOLENOID CIRCUIT OPEN. The thing is I never touched the transmission and the code comes on randomly but only at Wide Open Throttle shifting from 4th to 5th. Changing modes changes how randomly it comes on. Auto mode it has never come on, Sport mode comes on every time I hit that WOT 4-5 and in Track mode it will come on randomly about 1 in 4 times I go WOT 4 to 5. Other then the check engine light everything works perfect. Any one have an issue with the damn park solenoid? the owner of the car wants it back and I cant make the light go away, the code is not listed in engine diagnostics and I just read the transmission and no codes are available.

Please Someone
    Bad383ta

bad383ta, without a VIN it's hard to tell for certain, but that code doesn't even come up for Dodge. But by description it seems it's basically an out of park unintended situation in which either one of the two park pawl sensors have failed or a solenoid issue itself. Seems in any case this is nothing you did even if you had tuned it because I've seen this failure several times on stock Jeeps. I would say you need to tell the customer they need to take it to the dealer and repair as normal. There's no way they could deny warranty on that either because no mods to the engine are going to cause this failure. As a long time tech, this is common and I've had to replace several valve body/TCM over park solenoid codes, again on bone stock GC's. So good thing you haven't tuned it or they would lose those credits as well!