Thread: Is this pushing through the converter?

Is this pushing through the converter?

Hey everyone.

I have a 2000 4.8L with a 78/75 turbo and a 4L80e transmission. The transmission has an HD2 shift kit and a recently installed (Used) Yank 3600 stall converter.

I noticed something interesting since the converter swap. There have been a few times where the vehicle starts to pull, RPM shoots up and mph barely increases.

I got a datalog of it tonight. The pull starts at 7:06:19 and the actual jump is at 7:06:26. MAP also decreases in this time which also makes me think there is less load on the engine.

Thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by 5.3LS10 View Post
    Hey everyone.

I have a 2000 4.8L with a 78/75 turbo and a 4L80e transmission. The transmission has an HD2 shift kit and a recently installed (Used) Yank 3600 stall converter.

I noticed something interesting since the converter swap. There have been a few times where the vehicle starts to pull, RPM shoots up and mph barely increases.

I got a datalog of it tonight. The pull starts at 7:06:19 and the actual jump is at 7:06:26. MAP also decreases in this time which also makes me think there is less load on the engine.

Thoughts?
    nvm I am an idiot.......

It down shifted from 3-2. Guess its time to drill out the holes in the plate for the larger converter. I can barely feel the shifts anymore.