Thread: 0411 swap for a 4.6L n*

0411 swap for a 4.6L n*

i have a 2001 aurora the original 4.0L v8 dies do to oil starvation form improper maintenance which allowed sludge to clog the oil passages.

i recently swapped in a 4.6L the car runs fine but there is zero tuning options on the stock p06 pcm. i have done a 411 swap on my 96 c1500 when i swapped out the v6 for a turbocharged 305 with ls style coils and mpfi

would a 411 swap be possible for the aurora?
    would it be able to control the 4t80e automatic?

I have no idea if you could make the computer control that engine but I'm pretty sure it couldn't control that transmission. The 411 computers were only optioned with the 4L60e's and 4L80e's in the cars/trucks.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

If you look at this chart; http://www.atraonline.com/gears/2006...2006-01_77.pdf You will see that the 4T80 uses the same solenoid control pattern as the 80E. In fact, the SAME wiring harness connector is used between the 2 transmissions.. Actually it's the same connector between 4T60/65E, 4L60/65/70, 4L80E/4T80E, and even the Allison trans family (some models!) that use the same round connector.

I'm going to give the transmission side of this theorized swap a THUMBS UP!

The rest of it... I have no idea.. Does the 4.6 engine use an internal reluctor ring like the LS family does? If so, is it 24X 58X, or some other odd #? These are the questions you will have to know the answers to before you attempt to run a 411 on that engine. Does it use the same MAP, MAF, signals? Sounds interesting if you can get it to work with the engines sensors.

The n* uses an internal 24x crank trigger wheel but uses a leading trailing dual sensors for the reading.

I was thinking of getting an aftermarket external lsctrigger 24x wheel and ls sensor.

The maf is used as an upgrade on the 3800 I see no issues there

Map looks to be a generic gm 1 bar

Need to see how the coil on plug is controlled might have to switch over to ls coil near plug but uncertain