Thread: Why did my injectors shut off?

Tuner in Training BrandonHall10's Avatar

Why did my injectors shut off?

I was out driving today, getting some logs for tuning the VE table when I noticed something strange. On the expressway cruising at 50mph, I'd roll into the throttle to 100%. Trans would drop to 3rd, accelerate for a bit, then grab 2nd... Now we're moving! But only for a second. WB goes lean and I lose power. Let of to recover and everything is fine. Get home to look at the log, and it looks like the injectors shut off.

At 4:24,308 my IDC is 80%, then it just falls off to less than 3% at 4:24,548. My AFR jumps to 18+ and I lift.

Trying to figure out what would cause this. It has to be tune related if it's shutting the injectors down, right?
    Attached Files Attached Files

What if you raise the fuel cut off, go to 6,000rpm instead of 5,700 as you get really close to that it starts to shut the fuel down. Would be worth a try.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I'll give that a shot for now.

Didn't even think about a rev limiter being an issue. I haven't messed with any of the shift tables. Then I remembered... I adjusted the speedo. That affects the shift tables. Running a smaller tire gets me to the RPM limit before the shift speed. Derp.

Eventually I'll have to dial in my shift tables. I don't think I need to grab 2nd gear at 86mph.

Tuner in Training
    I had an issue once with Traction control. Sounds dumb I know but I would get a fuel cut off at 4700 every time. It was on a swap so it may not be help full to you but Torque Management > General > ETC Injector Disable. Hold your mouse over it and read the pop up info at the bottom of the page. It explains it. I had to set myn to 255 all tables to disable it.

Interesting.... This is a swap as well.

Sounds like there are a couple possible solutions. I have to do some testing.

Thanks for the help guys!