Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rev limiter set to 6800 but only goes to 5500

Tuner in Training
    Thank you sir. I will write entire when I get off work at 1am. I will let you know.

Senior Tuner
    The MAF going to 0 HZ in the log made me remember it. If i remember correctly when you max out the MAF or the freq reaches a certain point on a E40 the freq goes to 0 without the patch. I'm pretty sure that is going to fix it. If it doesn't There is another Max Airflow vs Ign Voltage table that it looks like you are exceeding so you might bump it up too. But try the patch first.

Tuner in Training
    The patch worked link a charm. My injector duty cycle is hitting 100% at WOT so now I will get a new set of injectors. Thank you for your help 2xLS1.

Get that wideband working again too, don't want to keep trusting narrow bands when it's your engine on the line.

2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1352806038 View Post
    The patch worked link a charm. My injector duty cycle is hitting 100% at WOT so now I will get a new set of injectors. Thank you for your help 2xLS1.
    Good to hear. The E40 was used on so few vehicles it's just been a while since I've tuned a modded one that required the patch. It's only when the air flow is increased a lot that it becomes an issue. I think the first time I saw the problem with the MAF going to 0 was on a procharged 05 GTO probably 10 years ago. And I saw a similar issue on a 6.2L swapped into a 69 GTO with an E38 PCM that was doing something similar to your problem. (Seemed to be hitting a rev limiter around 4K rpm when it was set much higher. You could see the throttle closing in the logs.) and on that one it turned out to be those Max Airflow tables. That was fresh in my memory and is why I told you to try that first.

Tuner in Training
    Should I do the code modification for the speed density 2 bar? If I don't have too I wont do it so I don't accidently brick the ECM.

Senior Tuner
    I wouldn't do a 2 bar OS unless you are forced induction. I think some people do it not running FI for fan control starting at 163 instead of 192 and use the 1 bar MAP settings.

Tuner in Training
    I sent you a private message 2xLS1.