Thread: You guessed it!! I need help. 09 G8 GT cold start up idle issue

Tuner in Training

You guessed it!! I need help. 09 G8 GT cold start up idle issue

2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0 L76 6L80E
    DoD delete LS9 Cam
    LS7 Maf with 4"tube
    Vararam Intake
    Pypes Mufflers

G8 4.0 14.13 Stoich LS7 MAF+timing+LS9 cam PE 12.5afr.hpt9-3-17 cold start issue.hpl9-7-17 cold start issue.hplG8 4.0 14.13 Stoich LS7 MAF+timing+LS9 cam PE 12.5afr.hpt9-3-17 cold start issue.hpl9-7-17 cold start issue.hpl

So, I have not really had an issue with this tune all year but now I'm having an initial idle issue until CL enables. I have not changed anything that affects idle since my cam swap. I tried messing with the open loop EQ ratio and IVT gains but it didn't make a difference. The problem is only noticeable on a cold start.
    Last edited by Firechicken5.3; 09-08-2017 at 08:59 PM.

I am still learning so take this with a grain of salt. It looks like you have the stock values in the Base Running Airflow. You may want to work on that and also the Startup airflow table. I am working on an idle issue right now myself but I am working on my VE tune.

Have you went through this thread: https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...e-tuning-guide

After just taking a quick look there are several thing regarding startup airflow most likely causing issues and an idle of 550 is mos likely to low for an ls9 cam. More like 650-700 would be better. Base idle air is a little low and startup air is off. All of you follower has been adjusted maybe a little too much. These are just some quick observations.