Thread: SCT x4 Unlocks disappearing...

SCT x4 Unlocks disappearing...

I've been tuning my stock file with HPTuners. I've returned to stock each time before I mess with it. Today I noticed i'm down to 2 unlocks left on my SCT, would flashing with HPTuners have anything to do with my SCT unlocks?

Thanks,
    Eric

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I honestly have no idea how their "unlocks" or licensing works, you might consider getting in contact with SCT to see if they can give you an answer. I will say our software doesn't change the vin, os id or vcm id number in the ecm unless YOU tell it to by flashing in someone elses file. So more than likely its not an issue on our end.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Bill, Thanks for your super quick response. I checked and what actually happened was the guy that swapped me to a 6r80 had trouble getting ABS to work with the file he flashed so he flashed another, and my VIN doesn't match. Has nothing to do with HP tuners.

Thanks again,
    Eric

A new SCT device has 5 unlocks. Every time you unmarry the programmer it counts as 1 unlock. Once the 5 unlocks are depleted you won't be able to use it with a different car, it will stay married to the last one and you won/t be able to unmarry, you'll need to ship it to SCT to be reset for $150 if you want to use it in another car.
    This has nothing to do with HPT, that's the way SCT programmer works. Avoid unnecessary unlocks
    9 sec Montecarlo SS