Thread: 2016 Camaro M6 Thottle closing on Launch 4000+ RPM

Tuner in Training

2016 Camaro M6 Thottle closing on Launch 4000+ RPM

I'm fighting a throttle closing when trying to leave hard on this 2016 M6 Camaro.
    custom cam
    Procharger D1 12lbs (750hp)
    e85
    Longtubes etc

attached is a log and the current tune, I have played with all the DD tables and it doesn't seem to help at all. anyone had anything similar? we just finished an A8 16 with same mods and that car runs perfect. seems like this car just doesn't like to get the clutch dumped at 4000+... thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Timing is dropping down to under 6* when you got on it hard at the end of the log. You sure that's not the issue?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Timing is dropping down to under 6* when you got on it hard at the end of the log. You sure that's not the issue?
    I do see the timing drop towards the top of the pull and I will take a look at what's going on at that point but rt now I'm trying to figure out the throttle closing at about 4700 when the car is still stopped.. it causes the car to completely fall on its face, leaving at about 3500 car has gone 1.54 60' but anything higher car bogs. not sure if its just a table I have set to close throttle at that rpm that maybe I'm missing.

if the torque model is untuned you won't have control over fuel, spark, and air.

Peak Torque, DD, and your Torque Coefficients create the torque model and reference your airflow model and keep power in check.

Quote Originally Posted by 05gmcsierra View Post
    I do see the timing drop towards the top of the pull and I will take a look at what's going on at that point but rt now I'm trying to figure out the throttle closing at about 4700 when the car is still stopped.. it causes the car to completely fall on its face, leaving at about 3500 car has gone 1.54 60' but anything higher car bogs. not sure if its just a table I have set to close throttle at that rpm that maybe I'm missing.
    No, it drops right off the bat.. you go to 100% throttle and the timing goes to under 6* and then slowly comes back up. The car is up to almost 2000 RPM's before it really starts coming back up timing wise.

Higgs is probably right on the root of the problem

Dip.JPG

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    No, it drops right off the bat.. you go to 100% throttle and the timing goes to under 6* and then slowly comes back up. The car is up to almost 2000 RPM's before it really starts coming back up timing wise.

Higgs is probably right on the root of the problem

Dip.JPG
    you are correct but looking at my timing table that's also the timing it has commanded... .64 g/cyl and 800 rpm is commanding 7degrees, I can make some changes in that area. and well just thought someone had experienced similar issues with m6 cars since seems to be the only ones giving me these issues, ive messed with almost every table, maybe I'm just missing something else like a limiter when clutch is pressed in.. thanks anyways ill keep looking and hopefully figure something out.

Tuner
    Found a fix for this?

Potential Tuner
    +1 for a fix. Been seeing the same issues with my car....

Potential Tuner
    Are you by chance running a 102mm Throttle Body? I have seen multiple vendors running the 102mm throttle body which collapse under higher boost like you are running. Perhaps this isn't a tune issue at all?