Thread: Jbody/P11 - check your scanner PIDs

Advanced Tuner

Jbody/P11 - check your scanner PIDs

Hi all,

I'm not sure how many of you out there are still tuning the jbody platform on the P11 PCM, but if you're running the newest version of HPTuners VCM Scaner, please check if you have knock retard and commanded afr PIDs. I'm on 3.6.26, and I looked at a car this past weekend trying to tune a TVS 1320 L61 on 110 octane and was very surprised to see both these parameters missing. I had to dig up a 2.24 install file, which worked fine for datalogging these parameters.

I intend to email support, but I encourage anyone working with this platform and the later versions of the scanner to do the same if you could. It seems something was broken in this previously well-working scanner platform...
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Potential Tuner
    i have 3 different circle track 03 cavaliers with p11 ecotec 2.2's that i need to tune right now and i noticed today that i couldn't get afr or knock to display ... granted i was trying to do it at the track so i only spent 30 mins before i gave up but i definitely need these two things

running the latest version of vcm scanner ... did you install 2.24 vcm scanner or just had a config file for the scanner from that version
    if its just the config file where could i find one

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Impala56 View Post
    i have 3 different circle track 03 cavaliers with p11 ecotec 2.2's that i need to tune right now and i noticed today that i couldn't get afr or knock to display ... granted i was trying to do it at the track so i only spent 30 mins before i gave up but i definitely need these two things

running the latest version of vcm scanner ... did you install 2.24 vcm scanner or just had a config file for the scanner from that version
    if its just the config file where could i find one
    I had to install 2.24 - it was not a layout issue. There was literally no PID to add for knock retard or commanded AFR. Since 2.24 is no longer supported, I suggest you email support so that they know people still use these platforms and something was broken along the way.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Potential Tuner
    just did ty