Thread: lq4 idle issues

lq4 idle issues

setup is in a 85 monte carlo with a th350 trans having a hard time getting it to idle and stay running at stoplights while coming to a stop. car is 3 bar speed density. also car goes lean once iat temp get high
    02 lq4
    799 heads
    lsx 454 cam specs are 236/246 612/612 lift on a 110
    stock truck intake and throttle body
    ls9/lsa injectors
    1 7/8 headers

NA 3bar tune.hpt

MAF dtc's must be set to fail on first error on a speed density setup.

What MAP are you running?

I'd suggest not running a duramax MAP sensor if you are.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

running a efi source ls1 style 3 bar map

ses enable all three or disable? and fail on first error

fixed maf fail still has issue

I looked into the EFI source MAP sensor settings are they are support to be 305/10.33, unless I got the wrong information or they changed the data. The data come from the EFI course themselves.

http://www.efisource.com/parameters-...r-map-sensors/

Past that it's going to take tuning of the idle airflow tables and timing as well as cleaning up your VE table to make on and off throttle transitions cleaner.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

tried putting more airflow in base air flow chart but from what I read on here my iac counts are high already they are 190ish at idle

For your idle problem try rising the timing in Idle Spark Advance throttle closed "In Drive".. A bit something like in this pic, but you can bump it more or less as you need, but take note if you bump it too much it will over run your set Target Idle.. and if after changing idle Spark Advance does not help, Though it should.., try changing the Main Spark Advance the same way.. Also if you don't have the TCM to tell the ECU its in gear then change the Idle Spark Advance throttle closed "In Park" the same way and if that doesn't help then the Main Spark Advance will.. Also you can try and youtube how to tune idle which may help.. Take note this picture is only an example... Attachment 71906
    Last edited by Monty; 07-29-2017 at 04:53 PM.

changed my map setting to what efi source says fueling is not real rich all across the chart the car has a th350 trans pcm has no idea if its in park or drive all my timming tables are all the same
    Last edited by green440; 07-30-2017 at 08:09 PM.