Thread: Stock C6 LS2 KR issue

Stock C6 LS2 KR issue

Stock 2006 C6 LS2. 60k Miles.

Stock timing/Tune.

Seeing 10 degrees of KR at WOT. Is this false, real? Running 93 octane. Hasn't checked plugs yet, I'm guessing that's the next logical step? I'm also noting long term fuel trims are +12-15% could this be related? Car is on a stock tune, but has an SLP cold air intake. Is this causing the car to go lean at WOT due to LTFT's being ignored in PE? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Here's a log that's showing the LTFT's and KR. It looks like as soon as the vehicle enters PE, and the fuel trims stop adding fuel, the Kr comes in. So it seems like this is a fueling issue of some kind. Possibly a weak fuel pump? Anything I should check, or other ideas?

LTFT and Knock Log.hpl

Get a wideband on that thing. It's so lean that it is leaner than 14.7:1 while in PE.. something is way off.

I would take that CAI off and switch back to stock and see how it looks then.

The factory O2 sensors are mostly under 100mV while you're in PE in that one spot where the knock is.. that is LEAN, really lean.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Good eye. I wasn't looking at the voltages. I disabled the MAF and the voltages were in the 890-900 range, along with the KR going away, and the fuel trims falling in line. I believe the MAF is just off because of this intake. I'd switch to a stock, but it isn't available. Best way to scale or dial in this MAF? I'm surprised that just adding a cold air intake would throw the maf off that much, but it seems to have, as the car runs great with it disabled.
    Last edited by michael55123; 07-22-2017 at 06:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Is it a card style MAF or one of the older circular ones? The card style ones are crazy sensitive to any changes but the older style ones usually aren't as bad

Basic MAF tuning is put it in MAF only mode, use fuel trims to correct the MAF table outside of PE and then need a wideband to correct the MAF table once in PE.