Thread: Reduced Power mode on a gt500

Advanced Tuner

Reduced Power mode on a gt500

its a 08 gt500 with the oval super cobra jet throttle body and a 10% overdrive pulley, i keep getting the wrench light every few miles, when scanning the codes i usually get a torque error code, but with that i get a "p2111 - throttle actuator control stuck closed" and "P2112 - throttle actuator control stuck open" codes.

i used the the predicted throttle angle and effective area from a excel sheet that was posted on another thread, and also verified from another gt500 on the repository.

i visually checked that the throttle is not stuck, it opens and closes with no apparent sticking points, also moved it by hand and didn't feel anything out of the ordinary.

is it normal to get p2111 and p2112 codes if throttle is not tuned well?
    do the super cobra jet throttle body need some kind of repin to work?

Attachment 67018

this is what i used for the predicted thottle and effective area
    Attachment 67019

Advanced Tuner
    I had an issue with one a few months back right out of the box new it was having a intermittent issue with the TPS sensor put a brand new sensor in and problem solved it.

Advanced Tuner
    SCJ does not need to be repined when running it on a GT500, I'll glance over the file in a second here, but it's almost always in the tune, you are going into limp mode bc of the throttle errors...There were early batches of the TB's that had issues and acurafab was taking them back in to fix them, but that was a few years ago, so unless he bought it used it should be good

EDIT: Can you post the file we can actually see what you are working with..hard to tell you the issue if we can't see the file
    Last edited by Jn2; 02-28-2017 at 02:20 PM.

You need to post the tune and log in HP format. The files you posted are not readable. When responding, go advanced and use the upload feature.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    dont know why its doing that with the files, let me try again

tune
    Mustang 2009 gt500 nicanordyno 3 final tr.hpt
    tb calibrations i used
    TB Calibrations in HPTuner format.xlsx
    log from the dyno
    Nicadyno3.hpl

Tuner in Training
    its not easy to scale the oval TB try to replace it with the stock GT500 TB and return TB tables stock and see what going on.

Omarain.
    Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by omarain View Post
    its not easy to scale the oval TB try to replace it with the stock GT500 TB and return TB tables stock and see what going on.

Omarain.
    Thanks.
    Did that, reverted the predicted throttle and effective area to stock, and put the stock tb, no more wrench lights, better idle and horsepower went up from 476 whp to 497 whp, its ok as a momentary fix so the car is usable until i can come up with a strategy to fix this.

Since the wrench light is a torque error light i tried comparing engine brake torque with the driver demand table, but i see no pid for the accelerator position like the Y axis on the table, and the scheduled torque, that would represent the torque model-> engine torque table numbers are much higher so its not hitting the limiter.

looking for some help here