Thread: VVe tuning rpm range? Staying out boost?

Tuner in Training

VVe tuning rpm range? Staying out boost?

When tuning the VVe table is there an RPM range to stop at, or is the whole rpm range ideal? Part throttle high rpm seems unsafe to me.

Also with a factory supercharged applications what do most people do to tune the areas below boost without getting into it?

I have always tuned part throttle areas up to whatever the value is for dynamic calculations. Usually that is 4000. Past that, it will read filtered MAF values only, so it doesn't even see the VVE table. Now sometimes, I will make a pass at WOT with the VVE table, but I will just trend the areas in part throttle, using my judgement. But yeah, mostly, I just look off of the MAF after 4000.

Actually, it uses VVE to some degree regardless (for transients mainly). There is no true 100% MAF only on gen 4 ECM's

Not to say plenty of people don't pretend there is and tune accordingly anyways..
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Actually, it uses VVE to some degree regardless (for transients mainly). There is no true 100% MAF only on gen 4 ECM's

Not to say plenty of people don't pretend there is and tune accordingly anyways..
    I'm curious if this is true. I guess you could easily just zero out all vve and ve table stuff and check logs to see if you ever have any irregular injector timing values, but I am not interested enough to try it on my car.