Thread: Gen4 2008 Viper: tuning DTC codes & tables for Emissions I/M 'COMPLETE' readiness

Potential Tuner

Gen4 2008 Viper: tuning DTC codes & tables for Emissions I/M 'COMPLETE' readiness

I was able to get 'Completes' on all my I/M Readiness tests except for 1; O2 Monitor test still reads incomplete. I achieved Complete results with solely DTC Code edits for all the O2 sensor and Cat converter codes. The 'O2 Monitor' onboard test is typically tied to Upstream O2 actual values (S1B1, S1B2) and Drive Cycle parameters satisfied. So, Ive put about 200 miles over the last two weeks long freeway, in town start/stops, etc, still Incomplete. I'm curious if there are any PCM tables that I can edit that could help with achieving satifactory O2 Monitor testing. I dont see any DTCs that would be tied to active stoic monitoring parameters, are there? Or are there Ignition, Airflow tables I can edit to loosen the O2 signal switching test parameters for a faster Complete status??

Senior Tuner
    Post your tune, usually that monitor sets pretty easily, I suspect something isn't set right in the tune to allow it to go ready. Just a hunch though.

Potential Tuner
    I recalled having a similar issue with generic code and IM readiness scanners so I took the car to DEQ anyway, it passed all parameters including the 'O2 Monitor' test. Good to know.

What did you set the DTCs to? "No Error Reported"? Did you leave the MIL box checked or unchecked?
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130