Thread: 2007 Avalanche Idle Issue

2007 Avalanche Idle Issue

2007 1500 Avalanche with a 6.0 swapped from a 2011 2500 HD Silverado.

I used a 6.0 file from the repository for a 2010 2500 HD Silverado. I kept my TB because the TB on that engine was damaged. Kep all 5.3 TB values. All is well except for idle. The car had a surge for a while. Adding idle airflow does not change a thing. Today I almost maxed that out and the car barely raised the idle RPM to a 1000. My next step is to replace the TB. Could it be the culprit here?

Post log/tune

There are some max idle throttle airflow values you may need to mess with. Once you hit the max then changing min airflow won't do anything, so that sounds like it might be it

Attached is one log I did with mixed driving. Note the dips in Throttle. The car died on me at the end!

All TB values are stock 5.3. Tune is attached as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fe9_fe9; 12-17-2016 at 02:53 PM.

I think you may have a MAP sensor problem too.

There are times when the MAP readings drops to under 10 and stays there, then when you are under 50-70% throttle the map shoots to well over 110-115kpa at random and stay there until the throttle is closed more. Even at full throttle the map runs up to 120kpa and if this is a NA motor, those values won't ever be seen.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Is this thing running a SC or turbo or something or no? If it's an NA motor then something is wrong with the MAP or MAP settings for sure

Damn I missed that

Yep, map is out!

Thank you very much guys for the help.