Thread: 2009 cts-v

Tuner in Training

2009 cts-v

I have been tuning a 2009 CTS-V that we did a custom Twin Turbo Kit on. We are running it on the Virtual VE table only. Everything has worked pretty good up until about 18 lbs. of boost. At 17.5 lbs I made 1066 RWHP. The issue I have is if I try to run more boost then that the car seems to hit a limiter somewhere. I have looked all over and cant find it. The car is shutting fuel off as I can see the injector PW get smaller. The car has a Circle D trans and converter in it. I still want to turn it up more as the turbos are not done yet. The car is on E85 with ID1700 injectors, FORE triple pump setup.

I would appreciate any ideas you guys might have.

Thanks

2009_CTSV_RutgerBreaky_ID1700_17.hpt

I think you have your injector data setup wrong.

If you doubled the stoich you need to half the IFR. Your IFR has it set at 127lb/hr in it currently, so that like saying you are running 254lb/hr injectors and ID 1700's aren't that big.

I think if I'm doing the math right you need to have your IFR set to 81lb/hr because if you take 1700cc divided by 10.5 you get 161 lb/hr and then half that for the double stoich method to get 81ish.

A link to an online lb/hr calculator. http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php

As a side note too, you want your MAF dtc's to be fail on first error for speed density. No MIL light isn't correct.

I don't know if that is the exact issue but those two things should be corrected.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Depends on fuel pressure, but with 58psi base pressure ID1700's are about 190 lb/hr, so with double stoich/half IFR it'd be about 95lb/hr

127 lb/hr is wrong

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I think you have your injector data setup wrong.

If you doubled the stoich you need to half the IFR. Your IFR has it set at 127lb/hr in it currently, so that like saying you are running 254lb/hr injectors and ID 1700's aren't that big.

I think if I'm doing the math right you need to have your IFR set to 81lb/hr because if you take 1700cc divided by 10.5 you get 161 lb/hr and then half that for the double stoich method to get 81ish.

A link to an online lb/hr calculator. http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php

As a side note too, you want your MAF dtc's to be fail on first error for speed density. No MIL light isn't correct.

I don't know if that is the exact issue but those two things should be corrected.

I will Change the MAF dtc's but the reason for the IFR being set the way it was is to try and not have to rescale all the trans tables. If I change the IFR to the correct numbers then all the trans stuff will have to be rescaled and from what I was told by the trans tuner for Circle D is for the power were trying to make we need to try to keep the table stock so we don't run out of resolution. This is what we decided to do so we didn't have to rescale everything and would hopefully make the trans work properly. Not sure if this would cause the issue I'm having but the trans shift the way they want it to and the car drives really good.

This car is in Virtual VE only as they don't offer a SD mode for it. Do you still set the dtc's to fail on first error?

Thank you for all your input. I appreciate it.

Tuning Addict
    If it's a speed density tune, then yes.