Thread: 2010 Camaro OS: 12637084

Smile 2010 Camaro OS: 12637084

Hi,
    I have a locked ECU here that I need to tune. It has an Operating System number OS: 12637084 VIN: 2G1FT1EW4A9185447
    I just need a base file to blast in over the top.
    It is Supercharged so I'm guessing that the OS is a modified one for boost.
    I just need the correct base file to start with for the vehicle.
    Vehicle has been imported into New Zealand from the US & is knocking heavily.

If you can't get into the computer because it's locked you will not be able to flash anything to it with HP Tuners.

Something a dealership or someone with a GM scan tool could maybe flash it back to factory.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If you can't get into the computer because it's locked you will not be able to flash anything to it with HP Tuners.

Something a dealership or someone with a GM scan tool could maybe flash it back to factory.
    As these were not sold as new in New Zealand getting a GM dealer that has the correct base file will prove very difficult if not impossible.
    I have flashed over the top of a locked tune on the earlier LS1 ECU's before, thought that this would do the same if I have the correct OS?

Don't think you'll be able to do anything on these if locked

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    not gonna work
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

you need efi live if locked with hp tuners and hp tuners if locked with efi live
    i know this works with e67 id say it works with all other ecu's
    2013 GEN F GTS (the stormtrooper)
    mods- BTR stg3 cam, pac valve springs, harrop intake, ID850s, forced induction interchiller, 2.55 upper/9.17 lower pullys, snow performance water/meth injection, defillipo 3" catback, cat delete pipes, built and tuned by me

Quote Originally Posted by Tuningperformance View Post
    As these were not sold as new in New Zealand getting a GM dealer that has the correct base file will prove very difficult if not impossible.
    I have flashed over the top of a locked tune on the earlier LS1 ECU's before, thought that this would do the same if I have the correct OS?
    Not to be argumentative, but you can't flash over a GenIII controller any more readily. You have to have the seed/key, or you have to lift the chip and force a binary image.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com