Thread: Having trouble with MAF - AFR Histogram

Potential Tuner

Having trouble with MAF - AFR Histogram

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with the MAF - AFR histogram. Perhaps the problem is that I'm tuning an '05 GTO and some of the PIDs are different? It keeps notifying me that the histogram is not supported with the current loaded parameters, and when I go into the histogram configuration, I get <unsupported table> under the X Axis.

Basically, I don't know exactly which PIDs or Tables the preconfigured histogram is wanting and I can't find any place to glean that info. If someone would be so kind as to let me know which items need to be in the tables and which PIDs specifically it is using, I'd appreciate it.

If possible, a step by step on re-creating this histogram would go a long way toward my understanding of how they work, so far, histograms seem to be the most powerful and yet most confusing feature in HP Tuners.

Thank you for your time.

Tom.

You will have to create 2 tables as there is a Lo MAF table & a Hi MAF table. I created these: HERE and HERE
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    Oooh, thanks EC, I'll try those out when I get home.

Somehow I missed that post, thought I had searched pretty well too.

Thanks again,

Tom.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have a wideband sensor?

Potential Tuner
    Yeah, sorry, should have put that in there, I'm using an LM1.

The pointers that EC gave me got me going, I was able to take a stab at a tune this weekend, but I'm sure I missed something, could get it quite right when I went to tune PE (knock reared it's ugly head). I'll take another shot next weekend.

My current tune isn't bad at all, so I don't really expect to gain much from a new tune except for how to tune which will come in handy as I go forward with further mods.