Thread: 2 bar SD tuning question

Tuner in Training

2 bar SD tuning question

I have been doing tuning on my new 2 bar SD set up and have a few questions. I have all of the VE table real good up to 105 kpa. I cannot go over 3600 rpm without going over 110 kpa and When I go over 110 kpa I either get my commanded BE or very rich, from my yet to be adjusted VE table. Do I just lean out the VE table until BE takes ove and then cheap up on it ? Or is there a better way? Should I turn off boost until the higher rpm is logged?

Also when I'm all done what setting do I turn back to normal when staying in SD mode? IE COT, development fueling, STFT etc.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you should be logging a wideband lambda vs ecu commanded lambda. this gets rid of the errors you are seeing
    once the cell is tuned properly it wont matter if your in pe or be, the jump in afr will land right on the money in both modes.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    you should be logging a wideband lambda vs ecu commanded lambda. this gets rid of the errors you are seeing
    once the cell is tuned properly it wont matter if your in pe or be, the jump in afr will land right on the money in both modes.
    Ive read this before however I do not see a WB lambada or commanded Lambada option on my channels?

What version are you using?

V3 and newer have it built in. 2.24 and older you have to create a user defined PID that does the math.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    I have the new V3. I was looking in the program, is Commanded EQ what your talking about? I see those sensors and I tried to set up an error % histo but I couldn't get it to work.

Post a log

If your wideband is setup in unit of lambda (or "Equivalence ratio" as it's called..) then you have to be logging commanded equivalence ratio, then use the math parameter called "EQ Ratio Error" in your histogram or graph as it's now called. That will be % error of the wideband reading vs. what the car is commanding.

If your wideband is setup in units of AFR then you have to be logging air fuel ratio commanded and use "AFR Error" in histo/graphs instead.

EQ Ratio Error and AFR Error are built into Scanner now so you don't have to do anything to set them up.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Post a log

If your wideband is setup in unit of lambda (or "Equivalence ratio" as it's called..) then you have to be logging commanded equivalence ratio, then use the math parameter called "EQ Ratio Error" in your histogram or graph as it's now called. That will be % error of the wideband reading vs. what the car is commanding.

If your wideband is setup in units of AFR then you have to be logging air fuel ratio commanded and use "AFR Error" in histo/graphs instead.

EQ Ratio Error and AFR Error are built into Scanner now so you don't have to do anything to set them up.
    Shhhh! Don't even mention AFR.

True, true.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock