Thread: Porsche conversion 5.3 gets P0606 on heavy throttle

Tuner in Training

Porsche conversion 5.3 gets P0606 on heavy throttle

I'm SD tuning my 2008 E38 ECM and attempting to run the Porsche 996 gas pedal. The car operates fine except under heavy throttle. From a start at the end of the log file I accelerate heavily from a stop and the car pops a P0606 and goes into limp mode.

I noticed that just before this happened the contol module voltage drops to 13.20v. There is a table in the tune System- General - Fuel System Voltage and pre programmed table of 13.5v. Is this what is causing the P0606? Is it safe to change this table?072416.hplporschebasetune72.hpt

That code is for like a PCM processor fault.

I almost want to think it's because of the pedal you are using, maybe or something in the tune is setup wrong and displaying that code. Also the tune isn't setup right to run in speed density either. MAF isn't failed, DTC's aren't correct.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, you are right about the MAF and the DTC's haven't been disabled yet. I was running a MAF but I just took it out (unplugged it) to work the SD tune.

You are correct too that I may have to give up on the Porsche pedal and switch to a vette pedal. The thing is the pedal works fine.. it will take all the way up to redline as long as i don't hold it to the floor. As long as im smooth with it no code/limp mode.

If the system voltage drops below this value will it cause a P0606?
    [ECM] 18102 - Fuel System Minimum Voltage: Minimum voltage required by fuel system for proper operation.

Tuner in Training
    Also you can see thats the first time ive ever commanded the system into Power Enrichment. If I keep it out of PE it runs fine. Is there any setting that can drive a PE into limp mode.

I'm trying to see if there is a tune fix to this. Putting a vette pedal in a Porsche is doable but not easy.

Try going to edit-->add slave segment data

Save, close, re-open

Go to engine diagnostics -->airflow.

Increase the P1516 error allowances some and see if it makes any difference. I think you need to do a write entire after changing these

Long shot, but worth a shot IMO
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Thank you so much! So far no P0606 but I haven't had a chance to really get on it. I opened the P1516 error to 15%