Thread: Yep another should I go with the Pro version thread!

Potential Tuner

Yep another should I go with the Pro version thread!

I've tried the Predator tuner and wasn't all that satisfied with the end user adjustments so I'm highly considering buying HPT.

I see alot of people recommed going witht the Pro version but it might be overkill for me. I'm not interesting in buying a wideband o2, when I'm ready to tune fuel I'll be doing that on a dyno with their wideband.

Is that the main reason to go with the Pro? For the intergration with an aftermarket wideband? I still want to do logging (black box isn't a big deal to me, laptop fine) and of course the end user adjustments. As long as I can log a bunch of stock sensors I'm happy. Am I missing something by not buying the Pro?

Thanks!

-Rich-

several reasons for Pro version...
    EIO...so if you do ever get a wideband or need to log data from a sensor that doesnt go to the PCM
    also the EIO outputs can trigger an LED so you can see if something is happening(like set it to trigger when you get Knock..and the LED will light up)
    and Black Box logging (allows you to log data without having your laptop in the car..and it a lot of data that you can log) which is going to be coming out in the near future.
    -Scott -

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    alot of people say they dont think they'll need a wideband but then get one a month later...you'll be sorry you didnt spend the little money now & then be stuck paying the $289 upgrade fee at a later time if you decide it was the better choice. Remember most dynos arent loaded properly meaning there can/will be a difference in the a/f on the dyno compared to the a/f you'd see on the street. Just one more thing to think about.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

and with all dynos they cannot simulate real airflow...
    sop it will always be leaner on the street..
    if it not a loaded dyno you may see 13.0 on the dyno..and you will see 14.0 or higher on the street....
    I know a lot of guys that have blown up a motor because they tuned WOT A/F on the dyno..and spayed their motor on the street...and kaboom...
    I have retuned many of thee guys on the street to make sure they have safe A/F now

like Foff said..a lot of guys dont think they will ever buy a wideband...
    a month later they decide to get one....
    and then they ned EIO upgrade...
    get your EIO now..and plan on buying a wideband...just take your time getting the wideband if you think $$ is going to be the problem..

many guys here local for me..haev had dyno tunes....and ran ok at the track...
    I retuned them and all of teh sudden they picked up .5 in the 1320 just because of A/F being correct on teh street/track...
    yeah...guys making 430 hp only going 12.0-12.2...and after I tune them they run 11.5-11.7
    they wouldnt have known that without having a wideband telling them their A/F is lean(and of course me as the tuner to tell them whats going on)
    -Scott -

Potential Tuner
    Those are good points, I'll just save some more and plan on the Pro when I can afford it. Thanks guys.
    -2005 GTO M6-
    351rwhp 342rwtq stock tune.
    LPE intake, Magnaflow catback.

Never thought about triggering an LED when theres knock, thats a darn good idea!!!!

Count me as one of the ones who had to step up to the pro version. I have a tuner and he does that hard stuff but if I want to mess with it I need to be able to use the wideband.

Good luck
    -Ken