Thread: strange problem trying to link vats 3.0

Senior Tuner

strange problem trying to link vats 3.0

long story short i have a new ecu in my car 2007 e38 with my original tune in it so it will work (vats can link up) but i also have the tune in the ecu i got that is about 6 months newer and slightly better which i have a licence for also because i was trying to link the vats for that one to work but it just dosnt want to link up, now i noticed that the 3.0 has the vats link in it now (was using 2.24 vats link) so i tried that and it didnt work so i tried to use the 3.1 beta and it says i dont have a license which i thought was odd cos i do.

then i linked the scanner to it and read the vehicle and it now says im a 2005 vehicle with new VIN and i cant flash any of my licensed tunes back onto it because it says i dont have a licence, so i read the ecu again and its a 2005 tune in it now..? i have never flashed any 2005 tune in (and dont even have a licence for it but its on my ecu) and dont know where it came from and i cant get rid of it because my original tune says i dont have a licence when i go to flash entire even tho the editor lets me make changes to it because i do, what info do u need to sort this out..? very confused...

Senior Tuner
    ok had a bit more of a look and seems this random tune is the exact same as the original tune that came in the new ecu that i have a license for but when i tried to change the VIN/vats and it said it couldnt do it it actually did change it to some random 2005 VIN number and thats why i cant do anything, how does it change the VIN without me even knowing and now how do i change it back so i can use the ecu..?

also looking at some old tunes now the original i got with the ecu is licensed to me then that same ecu but with the VIN changed to my vehicles VIN now dosnt have a license but before it did..?
    seems like something has changed in the last 3 weeks i could use these tunes before without any issues