Thread: Necessary to zero out vvt tables while using vve editor?

Advanced Tuner

Necessary to zero out vvt tables while using vve editor?

Hello guys, Im having weird issues trying to nail down the ve table in my 2010 turbo sierra 5.3. I get weird low valleys and some sharper than desirable ridges no matter how much smoothing i do. I can make the map look super smooth, but as soon as I click "calculate coefficients", these peaks and valleys come back? I have noticed one of my valleys coincides with a spot on the map that changes when i change intake cam position in the vve tool. So, if the cam position is zero in the vve tool, should i zero the vvt tables to dial in ve and then re enable vvt afterwards? Also, does zero in the vve editor equal true zero, or zero advance/retard which would be 7 in the vvt map

Have you tried using the bluecat tool? It does a better job of changing the zones to best match your changes, which should help smooth it out some.

The HPT version just fits the coefficients to your changes as best it can, but it doesn't change any of the zone locations.. so that limits it some IMO. I wish it did the same as bluecat's.

VVE won't be as smooth as you can make a regular VE table, but it can probably be improved from what you are seeing now--hard to say without seeing it.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Bluecat tool Bricked 3 ecms for me. I will not be using it unless someone has version 3 or even 3.5 I can use. I was using 4 I think and it created coefficients that didn't play well with my ecm coding. Bricked 3 ecms

Probably best to avoid that one then. That sucks

If I was really getting desperate I'd probably pull the zone/boundary info recommended by Blue cat then let HPT do the coefficient calculations. Though since I have no idea how it bricked an ECM or 3 then I'm not sure if that could cause it to happen again
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    I always get an error when I try to use the VVE tool, as soon as I push the Generate Equation button it pops up saying JIT debugging error.

Advanced Tuner
    It was eq ve 5 that screwed my ecms. I 100% confirmed it was the data it spit out that caused a bug in the code. Ig I could go back to 3 or 3.5 and try again

Potential Tuner
    That is the one I have been trying to use also, looks like ill hold off using it since it seems to be screwing up ECM's.

Advanced Tuner
    It was eq ve 5 that screwed my ecms. I 100% confirmed it was the data it spit out that caused a bug in the code. Ig I could go back to 3 or 3.5 and try again

Advanced Tuner
    After updating the boundary tables with data from a cts v file, then doing some hand smoothing, it's alot better. Few more datalog sessions and I should be damn near perfect