Thread: Comparison vs best (or another) lap

Potential Tuner

Comparison vs best (or another) lap

I just started playing with TrackAddict and RaceRender in preparation for a new track season. Great tools!

I was wondering if there was a way in RaceRender to do a "lap comparison" similar to what TrackAddict can do in the session data analysis. Ideally I'd like to have a side-by-side of a critical section of the track with video and braking, etc. data from each lap so that I can directly compare what I did better/worse in two laps. Is that possible to do? Any basic instructions would be appreciated!

There's not a lap comparison built into RaceRender at this time, as its design is mainly around video rather than analysis. One way to go about this would be to render video files for each of the two individual laps that you want to see (you can select a specific lap number at the bottom of the "Create Video" screen), and then bring both of those video files into a new RaceRender project so that you can easily watch them side-by-side.

Potential Tuner
    Adding to this, I would love to see a feature that allows you to display the running "delta" versus the best lap. As mentioned in another post I read, a now-defunct competing product does this calculation.

Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Weston. That should work.

As a general request, I'd really like to be able to do some of the compartive things in TrackAddict -- the main reason that I'm interested in both tools is to do data logging and lap comparisons to improve the consistency and lines I take. Being able to do a detailed comparison of the braking, engine speed, G-forces and lines in critical corners is what I'm really after. At this point, the editing aspects of the full RaceRender version aren't compelling enough for me to pay for the full version, but if mutli-aspect comparisons were available, I'd definitely pay for that.

Potential Tuner
    The distance/speed graphs would be very helpful but lacking that I was able to put together a comparison lap between me and someone else. Actually, the top video was completely rendered with HLT and I synced it to my video feed and adjusted all of the RaceRender displays to mimic the HLT output as close as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIxRIhCZMj8