Thread: Trouble with AIM Data and RR

Potential Tuner

Trouble with AIM Data and RR

I have been trying to figure out the basics. I have some AIM data and a video file, and I want to overlay the data on the video. I have the latest AIM RS2 and RR programs running on a PC.

I follow the RR instruction for using RS2 to create a compatible .csv file, as described here: http://racerender.com/RR3/docs/HowTo-DataInput.html

When I get into RR, I go through the steps, but for some reason the rpm/tach signal cannot be displayed/overlayed onto the video. I can see the rpm/tach squiggly line data in RS2, and rpm values in the Excel file, so it appears to be logged. But again, once I am in RR, I cannot see it. I can see speed in mph, TPS and braking, but no rpm/tach.

Any help appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    Also curious about synching....

I have a light in my dash that comes on when I apply brakes. It is easily seen in the video camera's FOV. Is there a way to use this to synch the video to the data (which also includes the brake on signal)? If so, how?

If you can see the RPM data in the .CSV file when you open it in Excel, then I'd suspect that data column is just using a name that we hadn't seen them use before, so it's not being automatically recognized... When you double-click on your data file in the "Input Files" list, that will open its configuration screen, and then you can go down to the "Engine Speed (RPM)" selection and choose the actual data column to use for that. If the RPM data exists and is valid, that should solve the issue. It would also be helpful if you could tell me the name of that data column (or send the file to Info@RaceRender.com ), so that I can made adjustments.

After setting the RPM data column, right-click on your data file in that "Input Files" list, select "Configure Template", and check the "Tach RPM" box to enable that display. You could also use the same screen to enable the shift light display, if you want that too.

As for syncing based on brake data, if you have an actual data channel from the brake switch, you can add a display to visualize that channel (Example here: http://racerender.com/RR3/docs/HowTo-OtherChannels.html ), then use the pop-up Synchronization Tool (not the Side-by-Side in this case) to move the timing of the data or video file until that display matches up with the light that's visible in your video.