Thread: Wideband set up, should the actual W/B display mirror the W/B reading on the PID tabl

Tuner

Wideband set up, should the actual W/B display mirror the W/B reading on the PID tabl

I have dialed my wideband in as best I can. I think. I have the actual W/B reading about .1-.2 off from the reading I'm getting on my scanner.
    The actual W/B reading is slow moving while the reading in the scanner is very fast and seems very responsive. Are these numbers supposed to be dead on? One seems to chase the other but they are never exactly the same. Any ideas? Suggestions?

can adjust offset voltage from 10.0 to 9.7 or so. i agree data on scanner is faster than display on gauge.

Tuner
    Ok I'll look at those settings and see what I can come up with. Thx for the reply

Advanced Tuner
    What wideband are you using? Some, like Innovate, have programmable speeds by circuit. More or less, one of the outputs can have a refresh rate of 1/6th per second while the other can be set to output immediately. This speed can mess up AFR data as you can actually read the lean pulses between cylinders which obviously has you adding more fuel than necessary due to the lack of delay.

Tuner
    Wideband in an Innovate LC2. When I installed the WB I had to install software for the WB and change the voltage/afr settings. I do remember seeing refresh rates if I'm not mistaken. Sounds like I need to have the refresh rate for the WB match the refresh rate in the hptuner, from there I'm guessing my consistency as far as the 2 values will go up and I should try to fine tune the accuracy then...? Sound about right?
    FYI- I do have the WB and interface grounded to the chassis at the same location under the dash to minimize grounding differences.

Hey Matty b, remember the 5.3 I was working on a few weeks ago? Well I got it finished up. We'll at least I thought I did. I posted the tune and apparently it's a bit on the lean side and a few other issues were brought to my attention.
    For the sake of practice and training I'm going to upload the stock tune and start again from the beginning. I'm sure this time around I'll cut the tune time in half and hopefully finish with a quality tune this time.

Advanced Tuner
    Innovate has it as Response Speed. I run mine at 1/6 most of the time. I use an LM2 and that gives me the best (smoothest) readings while not being too laggy. I will run it instant if Im trying to identify exhaust leaks or piston related issues where you can actually see pulses of air compared to specif cylinders. Thats a conversation for a different day.

Tuner
    What is the hptuners response speed?