Thread: Wideband set up issues. Odd AFR readings...

Tuner

Wideband set up issues. Odd AFR readings...

Wideband = LC2
    -Wideband (brown wire) connected to #2 connection on green clip on interface.
    -Xtra analog wire ran from the #5 connector (ground) location on the interface to the same ground location shared as the wideband.

So I set up the wideband using the info that came with it.
    -0-5v
    -7.35-22.36 AFR range

I start scanning. I chooses a few locations and I try to determine what the off set is. Come to find out all the offsets are different. Here's what I'm seeing:

WB reading. Scanner readings. Keep in mind my commanded is (14.45)
    -14.45. -14.45
    -14.57. -14.79
    -14.78. -15.23

Those aren't exact numbers but you get the idea. The farther away I get from commanded AFR (14.45) the worse the error %.
    If the error % was the same across the board correcting the wideband using the offset spreadsheet would be my next step but I'm not sure how to fix this...

Tuner
    Come to find out I was using the wrong analog wire for those voltages.

Tuner
    Ok I thought I had this problem figured when I realized that I had the brown analog wire lined up to my interface. So I used the WB manufacturers suggested voltages for that particular analog output. Which happen to be 1.1v= 14 AFR and .1 = 15 AFR.
    I swapped the voltages in the WB set up and used the offset to dial in the WB differences. I got them close give or take .2-.3. Is this satisfactory?
    I then logged my MAF AFR error % (MAF hz vs. Output Freq.) Initial numbers across the scanning table were low (.08-1.9 range). After copy and pasting % multiply by half, the numbers either stayed the same or increased very little. What am I looking for here as far as values are concerned?

Also this WB has another output analog wire that has a different set of voltages. It is 0-5v and the range is measurement range is 7.36 - 22.65 AFR.
    If my MAF AFR error % aren't correct could I be using the wrong analog wire from the WB?

One more,
    When I'm scanning I'm seeing 3 sets of AFR readings. I have my digital WB reading on the WB itself, then I have one on the scanner/graph and one in the PID table. When I'm dialing in the WB I'm dialing in the PID WB reading with the actual WB reading itself. Correct? Just want to make sure.