Page 63 of 87 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1732

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDiag View Post
    I have been your loyal customer for years. I am very excited about a release of VCM Suite 3.0., its a great scanner! Thank you for adding many new functions to it, especially I appreciate that now I can enter data through the serial port.
    At the same time, I've got a few concerns. In the new version 3.0.
    When I open "Show Difference" mode, and highlight some area, the functions: smooth between horizontal bounds/verticalbounds, smooth selection, interpolate selection, interpolate between horizontal bounds/vertical bounds, become inactive, so I am unable to use them at all.
    At the same time, when I try to enter numbers in a specific area in the "Show Difference" mode and work with functions such as add, multiply, delete, it does not work properly as well. So, for example, if I enter to add numbers, it does add them to where I want them to be, but if try to undo it, then it does not brings it back to the originals, but shows some random (coming from nowhere) numbers.
    In the end, I simply cannot copy data when I am in "Show Difference" mode to paste it to the different map.
    As I said, I have heavily worked in the "Show Difference" mode, and being unable to use those crucial functions really limits my work. I would really like to know if the functions, I listed above, are removed in 3.0 release, and you are not planning to add them back?
    Hello!
    I agree, in V3 Show Differences can enter values and maintain but do Smooth or Interpolate impossible. These functions need to work! When V3 will be fully working Show Differences?

Potential Tuner
    ---

I didn't realize people would actually smooth or interpolate differences between 2 tables. It doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain a scenario in which smoothing differences is ideal?

Lets say you have 2 spark tables, one is all 20's, and the compare is all 30's, with one cell at 25. When you smooth the differences, the Only change you will make to your main table will be the data around the 25 cell area.

I can see a case for interpolation though. You could ramp up your differences between to tables from a left and right edge, etc..
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

I've used the smoothing one before on differences.. whether it was the best way to do it, I'm not sure. I probably could have just smoothed the main table itself instead. Still would be nice for all of those to work in differences view but the "undo" error is probably a bigger issue IMO

Tuner in Training
    I do use smoothing Differences pretty often, when I need to tune MAF, VE, Driver Demand (E39, E92) etc. It is sort of essential for me to have the options of copy/paste in "Show Difference" mode, as it used to be in 2.24 HP Tuners VCM Editor. Than HPTuners VCM Editor favorably compared with other ECM editors.
    This is why I question why those really needed options were illiminated in 2.25 Beta and 3.0?

We can add back in copy/paste in differences. They weren't added to 3.0 because it was thought that nobody used them.

The smoothing of differences wasn't added per my prior replies reasoning, smoothing of differences would only end up smoothing difference boundaries with a rate of change, thus, serving no practical purpose.

Potential Tuner
    Please, in the V3 Show Differences should work in V2. It's simple, I lose customers, and you license. Thank you.
    * V3 is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    ive mentioned the scanner not starting up on all channels a few times also, Keith finally told me to request support, so thats what I did, so they are working on it. Doesnt sound like a simple quick fix. Mine willl log right away the first time but if i stop then restart, then it takes a while to start logging all channels sometimes 10-20 seconds. Closing the software and reopening it will usually always log all channels the first try. Same thing on two separate computers.
    Any progress with this? I did get 3.1 access, after a few days it was removed from my page, and submitted info logs to Bill, but never saw an improvement.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    We can add back in copy/paste in differences. They weren't added to 3.0 because it was thought that nobody used them.

The smoothing of differences wasn't added per my prior replies reasoning, smoothing of differences would only end up smoothing difference boundaries with a rate of change, thus, serving no piratical purpose.
    I would be very grateful if all the features "Show Difference" Mode, which was functional in the VCM Edior 2.24, will be returned in VCM Editor 3.0. Or at least some of them, if it is difficult to return this all.

Advanced Tuner
    Agreed. The functions should work universally across the application functions - regardless of whether or not the authors of the application think it's useful - especially since they worked in 2.24. Obviously, some users use these functions regularly. It just makes sense that the functions should work in all aresa - it makes the application more consistent and more useful to some of the userbase.

Tuner in Training
    Status on RTT.

Really need it to try and fix an idle issue

I did the "affinity" settings that were suggested earlier.. Logged for an hour straight earlier with no external sensor drop outs, no weird behavior.. whole lot of nothing.

So, that is a good start! I'll try some more later today or tomorrow but now I need to setup shortcuts so I don't have to change that settings every single time
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Anyone have a link where I can download 2.4? I am not ready to make the change to 3.0 just yet and when I installed it I lost my old version.
    04 M6 GTO
    Mods: HP Tuners
    11.8 @ 123
    11.0 @ 135

I wholeheartedly agree with those looking for the smooth and interpolate option to be available again. It's an absolutely valuable and sometimes almost necessary tool to have available.

Furthermore, another great feature to have back again would be the ability to "zero out", or even compare differences across X and/or Y axis' in the Show Difference function. Not having this ability makes rescaling axis' EXTREMETLY difficult and extremely time consuming when setting up a new base file. Particularly in load based ecm's where the load ranges need to be stretched out significantly farther for boosted applications.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Issue with scanner:

When using a user defined parameter as an axis on a graph, it behaves as if I'm not logging that parameter while live logging. All of the data in the attached graph shows up in the first row (area in red)

If I stop recording, close the log, then open it back up, everything displays properly.

Another user reported the same issue but I can't recall which thread it was in. This is on 3.0.43 so if it's been fixed in a newer version then disregard

Capture.PNG

Tuner in Training
    Any update on RTT? I'm working on multiple vehicles right now and I used to use it as my savior at getting idle and driveability perfect

I don't know anything that hasn't been posted on here already, but I don't think it's something you're going to see in the next few days or weeks.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Issue with scanner:

When using a user defined parameter as an axis on a graph, it behaves as if I'm not logging that parameter while live logging. All of the data in the attached graph shows up in the first row (area in red)

If I stop recording, close the log, then open it back up, everything displays properly.

Another user reported the same issue but I can't recall which thread it was in. This is on 3.0.43 so if it's been fixed in a newer version then disregard

Capture.PNG
    It was me Carson I finally got a "platform" that wasn't acting up, so purposely haven't updated until things are sorted out.... To fix this "somewhat" I found I could reload a default scanner setup then reopen one of my configs - worked for a little bit then went back to acting up???
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I should have known it was you

Math axis will function as expected in tomorrows VCM Scanner for graphs, during live scanning.