Thread: Car won't start after installing HP TUNER PRO!!! Fbody 1998 Camaro

Potential Tuner

Car won't start after installing HP TUNER PRO!!! Fbody 1998 Camaro

I have searched all over the net for different answers not sure exactly where I went wrong.I went into the ecu and had no issues at first.I later tried to write a Entire,Then my car wouldn't start after that.I'm not sure what I screwed up but I'm hoping someone that knows about this could help me.The car is a 1998 ls1 car was swapped when I got it.The motor is from a 99+ the car has never thrown a Check engine light since I've had it.I am wondering since i put tunes on there was my car already tuned.I'll attach what I have...the car has TSP 17/8 headers and Rumbler dual exhaust.SLP LID LS6 intake 241 heads.Fuel pump has been upgraded not sure which one.Please don't kill me here I'm learning and trying.I read a good bit made a mistake hitting write entire.After that the VCM didn't want to read.Then eventually I got the VCM to read calibrations again. I hit reset fuel trims at one point not sure if that did it? Car turns over but will not start.Was just running fine earlier in the day.

Tuner in Training
    can u write the original file? or did you write and saved your original file?

Advanced Tuner
    You said you got it to eventually read the file again after it not being able to start. Attach the tune file that you pulled from the ECU. And we can see if it is something that you did on accident in the tune to keep it from starting.

Have you checked the obvious (spark & fuel)? Just to confirm

what version are you running? I had this problem and it happened to be that
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    You said you got it to eventually read the file again after it not being able to start. Attach the tune file that you pulled from the ECU. And we can see if it is something that you did on accident in the tune to keep it from starting.

Have you checked the obvious (spark & fuel)? Just to confirm
    I have not yet,It began to rain the car was fine.Found out battery had a bad connector and was bad after taking it to local auto part store.I have yet to mess with it yet.Bought a Optima and going to try to reload tune.Guy on LS1 Tech said if I have auto lights that would mess with upload of tune as well.So I will be putting new battery in and going from there.

Quote Originally Posted by CatnipG5Bandit View Post
    what version are you running? I had this problem and it happened to be that
    Running 2.24,

Potential Tuner
    Fail flash check sum.hpt This is what i keep getting and it tells me to email to hptuners support.
    car idle
    idle ls1 camaro.hpl
    Last edited by comptonrob; 03-02-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I keep getting check sum fail...

I would not remove the battery terminals until you get the stock file flashed back into it successfully. Otherwise you'll probably brick the PCM.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    I would not remove the battery terminals until you get the stock file flashed back into it successfully. Otherwise you'll probably brick the PCM.
    The Ecu was bricked so the old version of hp tuner I was using was 2.24....I have since uploaded the 3.0 should I upload the old file that I had from the 2.24 on the 3.0 or Start fresh....?