Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: V3 Scanner External MPVI channels freezing

Tuner in Training
    Schpenxel did you try setting affinity?

I am having serious issues now, and I dunno the exact version but I downloaded my 3.0 two nights ago. after I set everything up in the new scanner, and was ready to go- with my WB on the MPVI, and upon testing all my histos, charts, whatever they are called now- the WB was working great, everything was working perfect. I flashed an updated tune to the car, issue free, before I took off to start acttully driving and logging. after about 4-5 mins I look down to see the histo section frozen, gauge section frozen, but the bottom chart section still "moving/tracking" like its woring fine but it isn't reading data. I hadn't seen the issues with these relations yet, so in past ive had the scanner freeze so I just figure ok ill restart it. but when I do, I start getting the "vcm not found, check vehicle ignition, ,etc" so I unplug the USB, MPVI still powered up, check plugs, was using a two day old USB cable, windows 8. I had been using same laptop with 2.24 beta no issues for months. so now, after another attempt after unplugging my MPVI, it started scanning again but froze again, same way. after one more restart, and another freeze two mins later identical to others- I stop, but when I go to retry, now my windows is poping up from task bar saying "USB not recognized" and the MPVI A and B" channels no longer show up in the devices.... now, I cannot connect to ANY car, scanner or editor, it just will not cconnect. so I figure its just bugs, you guys just dropped a big release, these things happen- ill email to support, grab my other tuning laptop ive been using 2.24 on for over a year same version, and IT wont connect to ANYTHING now either!!! I have customer cars to tune, this is a serious issue! I need help with this, please

John

just saw you want a laptop effected by this? you can buy mine, and im not that guy thinking its worth 90% what I paid new lol. email is [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by spyder09 View Post
    Schpenxel did you try setting affinity?
    I'm not sure what that is? What do I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by kelleyperformance View Post
    I am having serious issues now, and I dunno the exact version but I downloaded my 3.0 two nights ago. after I set everything up in the new scanner, and was ready to go- with my WB on the MPVI, and upon testing all my histos, charts, whatever they are called now- the WB was working great, everything was working perfect. I flashed an updated tune to the car, issue free, before I took off to start acttully driving and logging. after about 4-5 mins I look down to see the histo section frozen, gauge section frozen, but the bottom chart section still "moving/tracking" like its woring fine but it isn't reading data. I hadn't seen the issues with these relations yet, so in past ive had the scanner freeze so I just figure ok ill restart it. but when I do, I start getting the "vcm not found, check vehicle ignition, ,etc" so I unplug the USB, MPVI still powered up, check plugs, was using a two day old USB cable, windows 8. I had been using same laptop with 2.24 beta no issues for months. so now, after another attempt after unplugging my MPVI, it started scanning again but froze again, same way. after one more restart, and another freeze two mins later identical to others- I stop, but when I go to retry, now my windows is poping up from task bar saying "USB not recognized" and the MPVI A and B" channels no longer show up in the devices.... now, I cannot connect to ANY car, scanner or editor, it just will not cconnect. so I figure its just bugs, you guys just dropped a big release, these things happen- ill email to support, grab my other tuning laptop ive been using 2.24 on for over a year same version, and IT wont connect to ANYTHING now either!!! I have customer cars to tune, this is a serious issue! I need help with this, please

John
    There's an interface firmware update that comes with V3. Once installed only one of the last 2.24 versions will work

Tuner in Training
    Open scanner then open task manager right click on the scanner go to process then right click on that set affinity uncheck all but 1 cpu

Thanks I'll give that a try next time I'm logging.

Have you had any issues with data not showing up in charts/graphs until you stop recording?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Yes I've seen this...give the affinity a shot I was working with a different car (same motor) yesterday with setting the affinity and was able to log without issues and will try today with my car

K sounds good I'll try that in the next day or two. I don't have my interface with me today. Does that setting "stick" or do you have to do it every time you open Scanner?

Tuner in Training
    Unfortunately every time it's closed and reopened :/ unless there's a way to set it I'll research that today

I believe we'll have a laptop coming in today to test on. The info you guys provided about the threading/CPU gives us a great starting point.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Keith I had access to the beta and last night I went to update and it was removed from my dashboard any reason why?

beta access times out and has to be re-requested.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    K sounds good I'll try that in the next day or two. I don't have my interface with me today. Does that setting "stick" or do you have to do it every time you open Scanner?
    You can make a shortcut to the application to set the affinity every time you launch it if you wanted to.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/37272...r-performance/

For what it's worth, since I figured out the threading thing I went back to the public release of 3.0 and haven't had any issues. I did a good amount of logging yesterday and all went smoothly.

Good deal, hopefully that is all it takes

hope the same! set this evening my windows 10 affinity to CPU1... tomorrow I know more!

Was hoping to have a laptop in today to test on... nothing arrived yet.. Unfortunately we won't have time to look this until next week, as long as the test laptops come in from the customers.

Tuner in Training
    Seems to have fixed the wideband issue for me...did have the scanner kind of lag values on a log and then it started real time data a few seconds later like normal

been emailing you guys about using mine (laptop)... sent several emails, bill is the only one who answered to basically say don't email me lol. I know he isn't the one to email for support stuff but its been almost a week since first email, now I see this laptop stuff, try to say HEY ill send mine as fast as you want, etc. no reply. say it on this thread, on this page, nothing. I don't get it. my post seems to have gone unnoticed except for somebody thinking my firmware is out of date lol. did you catch the part where I said it hooked up, read, scanned, wrote, etc etc ALL DAY? THEN it crashed? and now my cable is useless EVEN on 2.24?!? (drivers stopped showing up entirely on 3.0 and the 2.24, which I might add these are TWO separate laptops- 3.0 has never been on the 2.24 one. after the 3.0 issue, I said screw this I have angry customers ill just use bluecat and my old stuff. but will NOT see my MPVI, drivers are missing (on both new and old systems, ie 3.0 PC and 2.24 pc) so I try to reinstall freshly downloaded MPVI drivers off HPT dashboard on website (on my 2.24 pc) and keeps throwing error messages and sh!t, will not work. this leads me to think something is maybe wrong with my interface after my 3.0 issues?
    Last edited by kelleyperformance; 03-01-2016 at 02:40 AM.

We have 2 laptops coming in at this point. I believe that will be enough for us to find the issue. If not, we'll resume the search..

We're hoping to have this fixed by mid next week, if possible.