Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neon SRT4 supported PIDs with 2.25

Tuner in Training

Neon SRT4 supported PIDs with 2.25

Any idea when we'll have an expanded list of available PID's to record? Just from the couple drives i took my car on, i can tell there's a huge difference in real time data stream between HP and any of the diablo handhelds.

If there's anything I can do to help please let me know!

Matt

Senior Tuner
    what difference are you seeing? Without being able to extract to .csv yet in 2.25 its tough for me to compare the capture rate versus diablo but from the screen view of each datalogger I have noticed HP to be a little faster capture rate, all thing equal (same laptop, same # of PIDs selected).

If you connect to the vehicle and then on the left side click to add a PID you can see the full list, but not necessarily know if its supported or not (i.e. that it will actually record any data).

Tuner in Training
    HP is slightly faster than the Predator at logging, LIGHTYEARS faster than the intune. I've looked at the full list...I'm missing a lot. Here's the list I log when tuning with CMR, missing PID's are marked with *...

ACT
    ECT
    *Open Loop FA (commanded AFR)
    RPM
    MPH
    1/1 Long Term ADAP%
    1/1 Short Term ADAP%
    *BARO
    *PRATIO
    *AVG Total Working Pulsewidth
    *KNK Sensor 1 (V)
    *KNK ST Retard
    *KNK Total Retard
    Actual Spark Cyl1
    *THR POSN (V)

Coincidentally, while i was driving once, i added the throttle position % pid, and it seemed really high just at idle (14%) and when i went WOT, it hit hit 76% and then VCM Scanner crashed...

the missing PID's aren't even in the list, let alone IF they're supported

Senior Tuner
    You may find better luck trying to log with 2.24 and looking for the same PIDs. Below are a few I think you SHOULD be able to view but without being connected to your car I cannot tell for sure.

Actual Spark Cyl1 = Spark Advance [Sensor]
    Open Loop FA = Commanded EQ Ratio (this will be your commanded at all times)
    KNK ST Retard = Knock Retard Short Term [Plane Angle]

Tuner in Training
    that still leaves out the knock voltage, baro, pratio, etc...i use those a lot when tuning srt4's. i'm just wondering if there's anything i can do to help them get more pid's supported...for now i keep my personal predator handy for logging srt4's, especially when the customer has an intune.....god i hate those things...

Senior Tuner
    pratio you can create your own custom PID for if its not there, but you need baro to start with. Usually on cars without a baro I record the manifold pressure with the key on but car not started, then in my histo I would create a custom PID that is manifold pressure divided by that number I pull off the log. You can tweak it each time you log but it shouldn't change or have a huge change throughout an entire day of tuning and logging and shouldn't need to be tweaked.

Cant help you on the voltage, just doesn't look supported.

Have you tried to log with 2.24 scanner? I believe all these are in that version.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    what difference are you seeing? Without being able to extract to .csv yet in 2.25 its tough for me to compare the capture rate versus diablo but from the screen view of each datalogger I have noticed HP to be a little faster capture rate, all thing equal (same laptop, same # of PIDs selected).

If you connect to the vehicle and then on the left side click to add a PID you can see the full list, but not necessarily know if its supported or not (i.e. that it will actually record any data).
    I thought they added that functionality to 2.25 beta? See here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post393789

I would have tried it myself already, but when I tried it a few weeks ago, hardly any Viper-specific PIDs would pull up in 2.25 with the car connected, but they were there when not connected...
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Senior Tuner
    Missed that, thanks bud.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Missed that, thanks bud.
    You'll have to let me know if it works...I might try deleting all of the files under the vehicles folder and re-poll with 2.25 to see if I can get it to show the PIDs correctly.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

You should already see some enhanced PIDs for most Neon SRT4s with 2.24. There will be enhanced PIDs for both Neon SRT4s (and Caliber SRT4s) in 2.25 at some point but there is no ETA unfortunately.

Tuner in Training
    I was able to create a custom PID for pratio, using it to do LTFT and AFR Error histograms...would be really nice if we had KR and Knock voltage so that I don't have to use HPT AND my diablosport predator to complete a tune...

Again if there is anything I can possibly do to help you guys get more PID's, i'll do whatever I can...

Can we use this thread for updated srt4 support in 3.0? I'd like a quick thread to go to for news.

Really excited for enhanced pids so I can ditch the trinity.

Advanced Tuner
    This!!!

I have a couple customers from over a year ago who could use some fine tuning in their low pulse injector scaling, and a reference point on real-time injector pulsewidth through the scanner would be immensely helpful. Knock retard would also make my job a lot easier for ignition advance tuning...

Tuner
    +1 for srt4 support!

Advanced Tuner
    I know we're on to 3.0, but can us folks who are currently flying blind on NON-CAN NGC3 PCMs get some sort of an idea as to whether HP Tuners still plans to further develop scanning for these platforms? If not, it would be good to know so we can stop holding our breath and find an alternative solution.

Thank you for supporting this platform!

Tuner
    +100^^^^. I realise they are probably swamped with everything theyve got going on but any kind of update would be awesome.

Advanced Tuner
    3 more SRT-4 Neons came in for tuning this week, and I have 2, maybe 3 more lined up for next.

Some enhanced datalogging sure would be sweet...

Guys, I apologize for not having a solution available for you yet. It is something that requires a good deal of work on our end and we do not have all the ingredients to get started on it yet. We will do our best to get it implemented sometime this year.

Tuner
    Is there anything we (users) can do to help? If so let us know. I for one would be more than happy to help however i can.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb_288 View Post
    Is there anything we (users) can do to help? If so let us know. I for one would be more than happy to help however i can.
    We will be sure to post on the forum when we need some assistance with information and/or testing