Thread: 3.0 layout configuring.

3.0 layout configuring.

Ok so am I missing something? I made a new layout for my srt4... Charts, gauges, etc. I then move to my s10 and connect to the truck. The layout stays the same as the srt4 which obviously won't work. I start redoing everything and realize if I'm making a new chart the software won't populate x and y axis for me. Do I really have to fill it all in (maf hz, rpm, map kpa) for each chart or am I missing some way it should automatically like 2.24.

If you define your layouts generically (sensors), it WILL work between vehicles, as long as you have the parameters in the channel list.

The 3.0 layout system _IS_ designed to work between an SRT4 and an S10, etc..

The data you log is all driven by what you have in the channel config.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Sorry I'm not using the right terminology. Say I want to make a graph for the ltft:
    I go to graph layout select new graph add the generic ltft to the parameter at the top, add the generic maf to the colum axis. What happens is I have no hz populated. So when I scan I have nothing. Do I have to manually add the hz or am I doing something wrong.

You still have to add MAF (hz) to your channel display.

Channel display controls what you actually log.

See this: http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-scanner/index.html?scanning-architecture.html

and this: http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-sca...-overview.html
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Yep all the pids were in the channel display... I got it I just copied the axis from the tune into the graph colum and row. Was just wondering if this extra step was necessary or if I was doing something wrong.