Thread: Startup Tune Check - e92, z06 injector and pump upgrade

Advanced Tuner

Startup Tune Check - e92, z06 injector and pump upgrade

Good morning!
    We have a 2015 Silverado (5.3 w/Whipple) in for a cam and lifter swap, Z06 injectors and pump install and wanted to have someone with more experience with the Gen5's take a look at this. We only want to start the vehicle, let it idle/warmup and verify that there are no leaks and that our mechanical changes are in order. We extracted the tune in the vehicle and added the changes below. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have two basic tune related questions.
    1. Is the change I made for the z06 injectors correct?
    2. Are the changes I made to idle and idle timing sufficient for the cam swap (.640/.625 226/240 116 LSA)

Please keep in mind this is for idle and warmup only. The customer has a friend who is tuning this car. We just need to verify our work.

Injectors
    For the injector change I only modified Fuel/General/Flow Rate (copied from Corvette stock tune file)
    I did not modify any other Fuel/General parameters.
    Should I copy all of these from the Corvette file or leave them as they are?
    Should I modify the injection timing (SOI Base).

Cam
    I raised the idle and the idle spark in the High/Low octane timing tables.
    I also have "closed loop" coming on quicker in hopes of correcting things quickly if they are not correct.
    I could not find a "Base airflow" table to hold the throttle open a bit more - where is this?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

copy all Z06 injector settings
    all Z06 fuel pump data except commanded rail pressure

leave SOI stock
    leave spark tables stock

no base airflow table

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Higgs and a special shout out to Mike at Proxses who called the shop and walked me through the process. Basically just as Higgs indicated. Mike made a few more suggestions. Also the scaling (X,Y axis) is different for the Z06 and Silverado so I had to do some interpolation. He also had me modify the Idle Torque Reserve and raise the Base Idle more than I had it raised for cold temps.

Truck fired and idled beautifully!

Mike also took a followup call when we were having an oil pressure reading issue. Ended up being a wiring issue just as he thought.

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for the shout out Mike!!!
    Glad I could help.